Lock Nuts/Lug Bolts

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

da_woo

Lock Nuts/Lug Bolts

Post by da_woo »

Hey Guys
As some of you know i got my new wheels on 2 weeks back, was wondering if anybody has come across same issue as me as in to chasing down a set of locking lug bolts for the daewoo Lanos. Because they use the opposite fitment compared to other cars i have had trouble finding some. If people don't understand what i mean, it is that to secure the wheel the lug bolt screws into the rotor, not the other way as in to have the lug bolt secure on the rotor and then pply the lock nuts to stop people stealing your rims?

any help would be appreciated, BTW im in aus.

thanks guys

MIchael
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i think ive seen locking lug bolts on ebay before

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Right, the lanos has lug-bolts (like the old air-cooled VW) as opposed to studs.

Your aftermarket wheels should have come with plastic 'hub-rings' and locking bolts with a 'key' for them.

If not ? try some of your local wheel and tire shops.
I got mine at "Americas Tire & Wheel" but I doubt you have those shop's in your part of this world.

The locking bolts (as you know) keep your wheels from being easily stolen.

The plastic hub-rings are actually very important too. They keep the wheels perfectly centered on the hub.

The only other wheels that don't need hub-rings are the stock Daewoo factory steel wheels.

Any other wheels (think aftermarket) will not always center perfectly and cause vibration in the steering wheel.
This usually leads to a mis-diagnoses of; "out of balance" and/or "wheel alignment"

hope this helps
:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Iget my old set on ebay a wild ago. Now just have 4 with master lock. but you can make a search on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TUNER-LU ... dZViewItem
ImageImage
Scorpius

Post by Scorpius »

My lug nut bolt and rod broke off my wheel when I changed my tire. It rusted badly and when I tried taking it off it snapped off so yeah now I must replace it. I think AutoZone in my area has it for like $20.
2000 Nubira
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I have a question. I have a ring on my rims...but it's just a spacer. It does seem to keep the wheel centered though...no noticable vibration in the wheel or anything. So, my question is can a spacer serve the same purpose as the "hub-rings" or is it the same thing?

Jimmy
ubuyau
Expert

Re: Lock Nuts/Lug Bolts

Post by ubuyau »

da_woo wrote:Hey Guys
As some of you know i got my new wheels on 2 weeks back, was wondering if anybody has come across same issue as me as in to chasing down a set of locking lug bolts for the daewoo Lanos. Because they use the opposite fitment compared to other cars i have had trouble finding some. If people don't understand what i mean, it is that to secure the wheel the lug bolt screws into the rotor, not the other way as in to have the lug bolt secure on the rotor and then pply the lock nuts to stop people stealing your rims?

thanks guys

MIchael
Run down to a Jax or Bob Jane and they should have a set in stock. Should be a bit over $20AU i think with a key :p

--Tim
REY04

Re: Lock Nuts/Lug Bolts

Post by REY04 »

i kinda experienced it now since i forgot to lock all the 4 lugbolts after my bushing bolt replacement. i now find it hard to look for the specific lugbolts. if i cant find one i think i'm gonna convert this to a stud bolt and place a lock nut as i saw some in the internet.

da_woo wrote:Hey Guys

thanks guys

MIchael
Daewoo Racer Gti 1995 model, 1.5L SOHC, MPFI, Made in Korea(Bupyung plant).

"DRIVE WITH PRIDE"