Lanos Steering Hub

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Lanos Steering Hub

Post by BosnianLanos »

If anyone is interested in purchasing an aftermarket steering wheel hub for the Lanos, whether to replace a worn OEM steering wheel or add one for the track, etc. Be warned, there is a severe factory backorder for Sparco parts for the Lanos, and I'd be surprised if they fire up their machines again. I ordered a Sparco steering wheel and steering hub back in May from Cardomain, and finally cancelled my order for the hub in late July. At first, they switched over their entire order tracking network to a "new" system and my order could only be tracked over the phone. Every time I called they said "two more weeks" until I finally found someone honest who told me that they have absolutely no idea when they'd get it and that it might take months. An order from Horsepowerfreaks.com went exactly the same way, and I had it refunded. Several calls to other vendors also noted the backorder.

Our only option now is the OMP hub that needs to be ordered from Britain. I just ordered mine today for $122, which was super expensive, but I had no choice. Hopefully it will arrive shortly.

So, no more Sparco.

And also, careful when purchasing from Cardomain.com. While I usually have an excellent experience, their customer service SUCKS. They didn't even bother to send me an e-mail or a simple phone call to tell me of the backorder. I had to wait 2.5 months for a stupid steering wheel.
john_trickle
Expert

Post by john_trickle »

The big companys dont give a crap about the small people if you had order 100 units i bet they whould whip them up in a hurry theres another hub avaialble from Autotechnica code 501 for $69.00.
john