2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

Post by mezomaster »

Guys, i'm finally going to do it and swap to 2.2L :D 8) not before two or three months tho :cry:

I need all your help...ALLLLL your help LOL. and specially u MM cuz we live in the same country.

I want to know, what are all the problems which i may face in this swapping job?, what are all the useful things to do to make things easier to be done with the less losses?, is there anything to take care of before i start? plz everybody feel free to tell me all the considers.... :)

I want to ask about somethings also just for now:

1. I know i would have to change the ECU, but would i have to change the wiring also?? i asked cuz i think that the 1.6L and 2.0L and 2.2L got the same sensors so i think it may all got the same wiring also

2. What is the best gear box to use with the new engine, does it the same gear box and ratios as my gear box in the 1.6L? or would i have to change to another gear box? and if i have to, then what is the best gear box to use? what is the code and which car brand and model it comes in??i want to have the maximum power from the engine.

3. What is the exact H.P. and torque on wheels and on the flywheel?

4. Does the alternator and power pump and the A.C. compressor are the same with those in the 2.2L? because i may dont have to change them if i can install mine.

5. Would i have to custom make ANYTHING at all in the whole job???

:arrow: this is somehow off topic:
I am selling my 1.6L engine and gear box (if i had to change to another gear box) and the ECU and the wiring (if i had to change them too). All for the highest price i can get over the 2000 egyptian pounds or its equivilent in other currency.

For MM to ask if someone need this, i got the Leganza TB without sensors and a GM original parts clutch and clutch plate, they are used ONLY FOR 100 KM and then i changed them cuz i didnt know they were for a Lanos, Valeo badge still completly there on the clutch face, if anyone wanted to buy any of them then just please tell me here or call me on 0121819432 but i dont know a suitable price so u decide.

WISH ME LUCK GUYS :) ;)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

I have not done this swap. So I cant offer any suggestions. I does sound do-able though and should turn out good !

So, good luck !

And keep us posted on your progress.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

first off congrats man... now you are really stepping into the upgrades world.

i'd strongly recommend reading the 2.0 swap we did before... it is going to be a great refference for you:
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5171

as for the tranny: i am not sure how much the 1.6 nubira's tranny can hold but it was and still holding up good with the 2.0... the 2.2 got a bit more torque and to be on the safe side i'd recommend a leganza tranny for you.

we also used the 1.6 engine ECU on the 2.0 engine and it is working perfictly... we tried the 2.0 ECU for a day just for the sake of testing and their were no differences in anything

we also used the 1.6 engine wiring harness... ok their was a couple of extra sockets for the VGIS but that was no problem... you might have an issue with the MAP sensor wiring though as the 1.6 and the 2.0/2.2 got different MAP socket unless you are going to use the 1.6 MAP.

most important is the aluminum front engine mount... you got to get the 2.2 one with the engien or else the engien won't fit... the 1.6 aluminum mount got different bolt pattern, you can see all the details in the 2.0 swap post

alternator and i guess the PWS pump are the same so as all sensors except MAP... you will need bigger exhaust and brakes too.

if you want any help, call me on 0127335920

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

THX guys for help and i would appreciate any help anytime untill the engine is fully swapped, i mean for the whole summer LOL
so keep me posted and when i am starting to buy the stuff and the engine i will inform u that the project has started already :)
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Guyz with 2.2L engines...HELP :lol:
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

what is you end plan for the car? that is the first step.

garrett
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

I think the 1.6 ecu send less gasoline than 2.2 ecu... In my car I put a 2.0 ecu (1.5 are my engine) and it works bad because the ecu send much gasoline. And it work rich...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

wouldnt the O2 sensor see that its rich and adjust the air fuel mixture?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ya, it think i will change the whole engine wiring also and ECU and the gear box, i need a better ratios i think..
and the first step is the most important one for now, GSE. i should make it the best with the 2.2L then may be LATER i will go turbo and maybe not, but lets just work as i am not going to turboing it and as i am going to only make it 2.2L for now..
what is the desired H.P.??? and also just to know, any equivelant pistons with LOWER compression can i get from another car??? if i am going turbo soon?? and no, i cant order anything online lol....
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

guys just woundering, i will have to change only the engine mount or the left hand side when u stand face to face to the hood?? the alluminnium mount?

any one got a manual for the 2.2L engine with its wiring diagram also????
PLZ someone must got that manual lol cuz i am in bad need of it.....
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

guyz, somebody help with the manual plzzz
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i was expecting a MILLION reply on this subject :cry: :(
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

dude give it time, seriously. you cant expect every one to drop what they are doing on a friday night to answerforum questions. and like MMamdouh said, look at the turbo nubi with the 2.0 in it in egypt.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

if i could get ahold of some of the companies that are working on my parts and get them back to me i could give you a step by step build up with picks but the machine shops are taking there sweet time.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

LOL sorry guyz, i even forgot its a friday night :) and ya i know i cant wait lol

if anybody got the manual then plz send it to me :lol:

GSE, thx ;)