clutch noise or accelerator noise

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kantsas

clutch noise or accelerator noise

Post by kantsas »

when im changing gear, lets say 1st gear to 2nd gear or even 3rd to forth, as i bring the clutch back and then push on gas i get a clunk noise (if i do it very gently the noise doesnt happen)
i feel the clunk vibration shudder the gas pedal through my foot, i feel the jerk or clunky noise.
if i go over a bump the same sort of feeling goes through the gas pedal.
but it will always happen after a gear change when i do a clutch to the gas pedal. any ideas of whats happening?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Broken engine mount, get it taken care of before a large bump jars your engine loose.

When the engine is cold, grab a hold of the whole thing, or just the intake manifold and see if you can move it. It shouldn't move more than the slightest amount, if anything. If it has lots of play, one or more engine mount is broken.

Luckily, they're fairly cheap to buy, and fairly cheap to install. I have one broken myself, but its not fatal, so I'll leave it in until I get some free time.
kantsas

Post by kantsas »

ok well i will take it to my local garage to fix, im getting a full service done on monday, i will ask them to check the engine mounts cuz of the clunk noise on gear change... shall i tell them anything else?

i tried to shake the engine like you said, it felt stiff and secure no movement really