Custom intake manifolds

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

for the individual TB setup i guess you will gain loads of high end HP on the expence of low end torque i.e. this is a racing engine setup and it will suck on a daily use car.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

MM, i never think an INTAKE woule affect on the torque by minus, if it may effect then it would increase, not decrease...its not a header which may effect by minus if u didnt have enough back pressure.
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

and MM, i am trying to convert this car into a racing car, but in steps and in YEARS lol, so maybe after a year or two or maybe three, this car will hide in some place and appear again after couple of months in her new look and power :) this is not ever before a year or two anyways
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote:MM, i never think an INTAKE woule affect on the torque by minus, if it may effect then it would increase, not decrease...its not a header which may effect by minus if u didnt have enough back pressure.
i used to think that too but in some old article in here it was mentioned that a bit of ristriction in the intake is good for low end torque... i still don't understand that concept but it seems correct... you can see a good example if you compare the HP and torque numbers of the 1.6 SOHC and 1.6 DOHC engines of the oper corsa and astra... it is also well known that 8 valve engines produce more torque than 16 valve ones.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote:and MM, i am trying to convert this car into a racing car, but in steps and in YEARS lol, so maybe after a year or two or maybe three, this car will hide in some place and appear again after couple of months in her new look and power :) this is not ever before a year or two anyways
good luck bro ;)

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS :D :badgrin:
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

SEE THE NEW TOPIC ;)