daewoo lanos inlet air temp sensor (IAT)

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kantsas

daewoo lanos inlet air temp sensor (IAT)

Post by kantsas »

i have have a daewoo lanos 1999 se

all i need to know is which one of the many items in the engine is the IAT sensor

your are speaking to a newb so keep it simple lol

i have searched everywhere to no avail
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Black rubber/plastic intake box on the left side of the engine bay, near the top, maybe 10 or less inches from the throttle body. There is a wiring harness that leads to the flexible rubber tubing. Attached to that is your IAT sensor.
kantsas

Post by kantsas »

is this it mate???

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

That would be it!
kantsas

Post by kantsas »

i doubt it does anything its just one of those 'mod chip' things that apparantly gives 15bhp extra...

and u connect it to there..

i think its doing something, but i cant really tell..
modem_over

Post by modem_over »

take some time to look around on here, those can cause more damage to the motor and catback than they are worth
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

It tricks your engine into thinking the temperature outside is extremely cold and it shoots much higher amounts of fuel into the cylinders. If you had a CAI with larger throttle body, port matching and polishing, it would make more power, but there is no way to expect 15% gains from a stock engine, its stoichiometry is good enough as it is. All it is doing now is wasting fuel.

If you have the time, money, or knowledge, buy a short ram intake for a '92-'95 Civic, chop about 4 inches off of the end and install it in your car. Then take out the resonator and enjoy the new noise and power.
kantsas

Post by kantsas »

may i just ask because im finding all this interessting.

whats does the resonator do? and where is it located

and where could i buy that part for the civic would i have to go to a scrappy?

are these them aswel? http://www.andysautosport.com/daewoo/19 ... /weapon_r/

thanks
kantsas

Post by kantsas »

also i have removed the crap mod chip
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

LoL, its not really a "crap" mod, it works, you just need an engine that flows more air before installing it. Its designed to run well from the factory, so adding sensor mods to a stock engine isn't worth it. You'll notice a gain if you put it back in with the CAI.

The resonator is right in front of your passenger (driver if you have RHD) wheel, right behind the wheel well and bumper. Its a black box designed to muffle intake sound. Our engines are an older design, so they're fairly throaty from 3000-6000 RPM, and this keeps it quiet. However it does kill power by restricting the intake and raising intake temperatures

Don't waste your Money on the Weapon R intake. The '92-'95 Civic intake works better than they do and can be had on ebay for like $35 shipped. Just make sure you get the "short ram". No need for a scrap yard. You'll have to cut about 3-4 Inches off of the end of the pipe and drill a hole in your silicone coupler for your IAT, or just leave it loose in the engine bay. Both Ideas work well.

All of this is found in the "How-To" section.

P.S. If you chose to do the CAI, I have a Ractive Short Ram that has already been professionally cut and drilled and comes with a custom-made all-steel heat shield for sale very soon. It fits perfectly and is of higher quality than the eBay Stuff. I'll find some pictures of it for you.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Thats the one I was talking about. That was the day I installed it. Now it has a heat shield of which I will take pictures of shortly.

New Product:
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails. ... uctID=2171
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

mate, these sensors are totally crap cuz when they sends fooling signals to the ECU to make it thinks thats its extremely cold outside and sends more fuel, the O2 sensor which is located in the exhaust manifold reads the extra fuel and sends signals back to the ECU to make it sends less fuel again...so its just crap ;)
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)