Next Step After CAI?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Woody_in_MN

Next Step After CAI?

Post by Woody_in_MN »

Howdy, and greeting from the great white north.

I picked up my 06 Aveo Hatch 5 Speed manual on Tuesday. I immediately installed a cone air filter and got a bump from that.

What would be the next logical step next for performance - excluding exhaust? The Aveo has the 1.6 .

BTW - I traded in my 04 GTO on the Aveo. No poop. The GTO is an awesome car, but it is heavy. I would rather have less hp, but a lighter car, which is wht I have in the Aveo.

Thanks in advance,

- Woody
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You're kinda gonna be stuck with the low HP. No one makes any performance parts for it. And its been a couple of years, so it doesn't look like they're gonna start either.

Forget the cone filter, go with a short ram from a 92-95 Civic, or a cold air intake from a 94-01 Integra GSR. Both fit with some minor cutting of the tubes, but no modifications to the car. After that, exhaust is your next option, and after that, the cheap mods are done. No headers, intake manifolds, gears, pulleys, or cams are readily available (some are out there, but after exhaustive searching) and the ones you might find will be pricey.

You could always go with a custom Turbo kit, but thats a pricey investment.

Good luck and good purchase.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Go custom turbo :D
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I know its off topic, but I already answered.

But I'm pretty sure I'm coming to Toronto to steal your car... :evil:

LoL, J/K, but it really is one of my favorites.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

stay up with the sight, don't get discouraged, parts are coming for the car soon.

garrett
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

A throtel, port and polish, and some mods can you do on your car...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

There's a company making a turbo kit...I'll get the link to it...I don't know if anyone has bought it or if it is any good though. If I remember they don't change the fuel injectors or any fuel components and that worried some of us though.

Jimmy
Woody_in_MN

Post by Woody_in_MN »

jorge wrote:A throtel, port and polish, and some mods can you do on your car...
Porting/Polishing is something to look at. I already polished the intake side of the throttle body - easy to get at. How about polishing the intake manifold - (I think that is what it is called). I'm talking about the large assembly just downstream from the throttle body. Is this possible? Has anyone tried that on a 1.6 or comparable?

- W
Woody_in_MN

Post by Woody_in_MN »

Guys,

I found out that the intake manifold on my Aveo is plastic. But if there is a way to make plastic slipperier - that might bring some performance. Maybe coating the plastic intake with "Klasse" might work?

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html?gcl ... PwodhTX5zw

- W
AveoSSTurbo

Post by AveoSSTurbo »

jidasas wrote:There's a company making a turbo kit...I'll get the link to it...I don't know if anyone has bought it or if it is any good though. If I remember they don't change the fuel injectors or any fuel components and that worried some of us though.

Jimmy
well thats not something hard that we couldnt fix after getting the kit.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

http://www.maximumboost.net/product_inf ... 2109682e62

Heres the link.

I've seen alot of people talk about it but I don't know of anyone who has actually tried it.

Jimmy
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

BosnianLanos wrote:I know its off topic, but I already answered.

But I'm pretty sure I'm coming to Toronto to steal your car... :evil:

LoL, J/K, but it really is one of my favorites.
LOL :D thanks man, if you ever come to Toronto, let me know I'll give u a ride hehe.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Woody_in_MN wrote:Guys,

I found out that the intake manifold on my Aveo is plastic. But if there is a way to make plastic slipperier - that might bring some performance. Maybe coating the plastic intake with "Klasse" might work?

- W
Klasse is amazing, I just started using it for polishing my car. Makes it very smooth and shiny :)
Woody_in_MN

Post by Woody_in_MN »

exist3nce wrote:
Woody_in_MN wrote:Guys,

- W
Klasse is amazing, I just started using it for polishing my car. Makes it very smooth and shiny :)
Oh yeah. Klasse is great. I have been detailing my cars with that for a couple years now. I think it only lasts a year or so if that. Some kind of Poly based?

Anyway, if I can find out if the intake manifold in my Aveo comes apart, it may be worth a try to "polish" it with Klasse. If anyone knows if the plastic intake manifold on the Aveo disassembles - please jump in and advise me.

Thanks,

- W
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Off topic, but wouldn't that Aveo Turbo Kit fit the Lanos?

Or are the headers/piping far too different?