Need Suspension, PROS HELP!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Need Suspension, PROS HELP!

Post by BosnianLanos »

Ok, the time has come for suspension on the Red Woo. I'm sick of body roll and dorky-high stance. I need help.

Here's the plan, and the plan will be executed within two weeks tops, as I have money and time to myself.

For shocks I want Koni sport shocks all the way around. At $413.00 from eBay, you can't really go wrong. For those with experience, is there a large difference between the cheaper KYB variety and the Konis, and does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

For springs, I want H&R Sport Springs. They lower me how much I want, they're inexpensive, and they seem to be of good quality. I've also heard good things about them.

The parts for the project shouldn't cost more than $650.

Heres where the questions arise.

Fitment:
Will the Konis and H&Rs fit well together, as well as fit my car? Will I need a camber kit?

Ride Quality:
How rough are we talking? I don't mind a solid suspension and a stiff ride, but in the next four years, I'll be driving between Clearwater and Gainesville every few weeks and I don't want my kidneys to bleed.

Installation:
I could probably get it installed myself, but my lack of tools and location to work make it a tough task, I'd rather just pay my mechanic to do it right. Does anyone know the ballpark estimate of how much I should pay to have the things installed?

Thanks for all your help guys.

P.S. Keep your eye on my 2001 Lanos Sport page in Members Rides, I'm having a lot of parts come in the next few weeks so its getting a nice renovation.

Damir.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i cant give you advice on the koni's but i had kyb's and eibachs on the red woo. it was nice, handled well, ride was stiff, but not too bad. if you can borrow a drive way adn a air compressor for a day you can do it your self, it should take about 2 hours total, the fronts are the hard part, the rears are VERY easy. dont pay to have some one do the rear, its a 20 min job that the only tools needed are a jack, jack stands and a rathet with some deep well metric sockets and metric wrenches. but if you can do tie rods or ball joints on your woo, you can do the front, its not very hard.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
c02one

Post by c02one »

well if you want to go all out you can get coilovers from k-sport, but the hr or hg or whatever the f**ck their name is, are like the eibachs of Europe. but the koni's are the best.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

c02one, where can I get these K-Sports? I would be the most happy with a coilover kit, but it seems they make only Nubira stuff. Can you please direct me to their coilover kits for a Lanos, if they have one?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

K-Sport does provide coilovers for the 94-01 Opel Corsa, can some of our European fellows or experts let me know if the Corsa shares a suspension with the Lanos? Thanks!!!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

BosnianLanos wrote:K-Sport does provide coilovers for the 94-01 Opel Corsa, can some of our European fellows or experts let me know if the Corsa shares a suspension with the Lanos? Thanks!!!
i dont think it does, as far as i know the Lanos suspension comes from or is similar to that of the Opel/Vauxhall Astra
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
c02one

Post by c02one »

sorry i'm not to familiar with the lanos
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I'm pretty sure I've seen coil-overs on ebay for the lanos at one point or another, I think they come on every once in awhile...unless I'm thinking of the nubira
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

i wouldnt trust ebay for that stuff though
c02one

Post by c02one »

well if you can figure out what the cassis/suspension code is, and figure out what other cars share the platform
u might be able to find something. so far all i know available is sport springs and struts.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

t body cars

Post by gse_turbo »

the chasis is a 'T' body car, it shares the platform with the 84-92 Opel Kadett E, 84-92 Vauxhall Astra 'mk2', 88-93 Pontiac Lemans/ Passport Optima. also look for Daewoo Cielo, Daewoo LeMans, Daewoo Racer, Daewoo Nexia, and i'm not sure on the make but the modle is an Asuna

garrett
Last edited by gse_turbo on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

after posting the previous, i found this link that will come in handy.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

garrett
c02one

Post by c02one »

thank good for wikipedia
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well I haven't ridden in a woo with the konis but I have riden in a 240 with the konis and rsr down springs(i think) and the ride was the absolute best for a strut spring setup that I have ever riden in.

super stiff and the konis are the best struts
the kyb gr2's(general OEM replacement)
kyb agx (good aftermarket one step down from the Koni)

basically the AGX and the Koni's are the best if you want to get your car super low on springs they will last forever and will not blow on you like the higher end OEM replacements.

hope this helps out.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE