Nubira wheel arms

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

Nubira wheel arms

Post by mezomaster »

anybody know any solution for giving the wheels arms more stiffness, i changed everything but i still feel its not that stiff to erform anybetter, they sux really, cuz everytime i change them they still not very stiff
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

sorry, are you talking about the lower control arm or the sway/anti-sway bar?

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

yup
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i forgot what you're working on, a lanos?

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ohh sorry i forgot to mention, i have 1.6L Nubira
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i'd have to check out one of nubi's here tonight or tomorrow to be possative but for added stiffness you would need a bigger sway bar.

(or) i'm not sure if it work cause i haven't tried this but depending on how the sway bar mounts you could lengthen or shorten the end links and that might work.

(or) the other option is a bit technical, some of the race teams here will cryo freeze a sway bar for stiffness of torch a sway bar for softness.

the control arms have no affect on stiffness.

garrett
speedywoo

Post by speedywoo »

the control arms affect the handling which im NEARLY cant have at all when im driving my car, and the second thing which car can i get that sway bar from to fit in my nubira??? as i think we dont have the cryo freeze in Egypt and its hard to do that here anyways, or we do have this but i just dunno?? can u tell me MM??? :?:
>2004 Nubira (1.6L Manual transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers, 2" pipe and WALKER mid filter and Jasma-5Ziegen rear muffler
>Custom made intake manifold and larger injectors (SOON TO BE DONE)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

sorry but the control arms have little if any affect on stiffness of the suspension. the only things that will change the stiffness is the strut brace, shocks/struts, springs, and swaybar. the reason you didn't feel a difference when you swapped the arms before is cause your barking up the wrong tree.

garrett
c02one

Post by c02one »

the only thing you can do is change ur bushings for polyurethane, but other than that gse is right only those components make a suspension stiffer.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

YA, thx people i think i will have to change the springs soon and i also like the idea of the strut bar so i will do a custom one cuz i dont think that i will find someone for the Nubira here
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
c02one

Post by c02one »

not really shark racing makes some, or u can use the ones of the mitsu. mirage u just have to modify the holes.

another thing to try is using one of the sunbird, the j150 and it share the same chassis the jb5
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote:YA, thx people i think i will have to change the springs soon and i also like the idea of the strut bar so i will do a custom one cuz i dont think that i will find someone for the Nubira here
Adel Wagdy in herafeen got one that can be modded for the nubira... just needs 2 extra holes in the brace to fit the bolts.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:p thx MM, i think i need 100000 L.E. to do everything i want in a daewoo LOL i am not stopping asking or i will totally screw my pocket lol, but i will go and ask for it, i cant help it :D
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)