nubira flywheel VS optra flywheel

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

nubira flywheel VS optra flywheel

Post by mezomaster »

anybody know is there any difference between the Nubira and Optra flywheels??? i was thinking of a way to find a better solution for a more performance clutch for the Nubira (here in egypt they dont sell very good clutches or other brands rather than Valeo and its not that good quality in here), i was thinking that both of the cars (1600 C.C.) has the same engine and the same gear box, so they may have the same flywheel too.

:roll: the new thing that i found that the Optra clutch is BIGGER than the Nubira clutch, it has a different clutch and clutch plate and of course different bearing (very big compared to the Nubira clutch bearing), so that means if the two cars got the same flywheel the Nubira can take the Optra clutch which will perform way better due to bigger contact surface between the clutch and the plate :?: :?: what do u think guys????
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I cant really help you with the interchangability as I dont know a thing about the 1.6l optras. But if they're clutch is bigger than its probably much heavyier too...slowing down revs and losing you some power.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
speedywoo

Post by speedywoo »

first thing i am sorry for being late for replying on u but i had some problems with wigning in with my old user name (mezomaster) and i just had to creat a new account which i am using now..

and back to the clutch, if the two flywheels are the same in size and diameters (which i think its right) because it has to be the same flywheel to save the same balance for the same engine althought its used in two different cars here, so if u can install a bigger clutch on the same flywheel, u will find that the performance which u have gained is way much more than the loses in power which u have lost cuz of the more weight of the new clutch. but at the end that means u will feel more performance and of course more life time for the new clutch whcih will TOTALLY solve my problems with clutches for loooong time i guess :!: :!:
>2004 Nubira (1.6L Manual transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers, 2" pipe and WALKER mid filter and Jasma-5Ziegen rear muffler
>Custom made intake manifold and larger injectors (SOON TO BE DONE)
speedywoo

Post by speedywoo »

by the way guys, i went to a used parts shop today, and when i told him about all this to let him show me the difference between the two flywheels, u was shocked that he is trying to convince me that the optra and nubira engine and gear box are totally different but im sure its cuz he just think this one is chevy and this is a daewoo so they have to be different, and when i saw the Optra engine i found out that its 100% THE EXACT ENGINE for 10000% SURE...... :!: :!: so just f... the poll shit which he says, but SADLY the only optra engine was there didnt have the flywheel included nor the manifold nor anything so it was just a block and cyl. head and the generator with the steering pump and compressor and thats it :x i think i should look more and more before i just buy the Optra clutch for my Nubira
>2004 Nubira (1.6L Manual transmission)
>Custom made headers, 2" pipe and WALKER mid filter and Jasma-5Ziegen rear muffler
>Custom made intake manifold and larger injectors (SOON TO BE DONE)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:? :? alright guys, thats the new things i heared, i heared Optras got a bigger flywheel cuz the crank is different than the Nubira cuz the weight balances are different than its in a Nubira crank (I am not very keen to this and dont think its right also) :roll:
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)