air bag light is on

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

frankieandy2007

air bag light is on

Post by frankieandy2007 »

hi all,i have a problem when i start my daewoo lanos up my air bag light stays on. can any one help me??
can any one help?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

was the recall ever done on it? if it applied to your car.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
frankieandy2007

Post by frankieandy2007 »

i would't know, only had the car for 9months.thing was every think was ok untill my window wipers was shorting out, we fixed that but had to look around the stering wheel,and from then the light has stayed on?? could i have hit some wires ?? when i was looking around there?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

its a possibility. i would check with the nearest service provider to see if yours did get the recall. and either do the recall or just clear that light for ya

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

Mine just started staying on too. It will blink once and then stay on. My problem I think is a symptom of a power issue though. On the way to work my car starts quickly and all electronic things work as they always have. On the way home from work, the battery is completely dead. Nothing like headlights were left on or anything either. I did notice the airbag light was on now so my first thought was maybe a bad sensor was draining the power. So I get a jump and the car starts and runs fine for the 45 mile and 1.5 hour ride home. When I turn off the car and try and start it right away, the battery is dead and the interior lights are very dim. Ok, so now I'm thinking it's just a bad battery. I ruled out the alternator since my ride home was smooth. So I let the battery charge over night ina charger to make sure. Well the battery seems to have charged and I started the car several times with it re-installed. The airbag light is still lit. I checked all of the fuses, the battery connection seems to be fine. Any Ideas?
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

I'm getting this also,its been lit for about a week,never saw it before.It only came on after I had been fiddling about with the dodgy brake light switch,so I'm not sure if I touched something under there that I shouldn't have.(I since replaced the brake light switch.) And at the same time my horn stopped working.
Check engine light is on also,but car runs fine. CEL flashes if i stay above 65 for a couple minutes,or if I accelerate too hard. Not sure if the CEL is connected to the airbag thing though.
whitetiger2nv
Junior

Post by whitetiger2nv »

lol i dont have airbags...
Daewoo Lanos 2000 HB
17" Gestalt Virouge Rims
205/40/R17 Tyres
4.5" Canon Exhaust
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

I still can't figure out why this damn airbag light is still on. ANyone got any ideas what I can look for? Are there any connectors in the wiring that could be loose that just needs to be pushed together properly ? I couldn't see any fuses or whatever that could have blown to make the light come on. It stays on even after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Very annoying. Makes me want to drive it off a cliff,except there are no cliffs round here.
I'm hoping to sell the car at the end of the year and I dont want to have to spend a fortune to get it looked at because the amount the car is worth,I may as well end up giving it away.
It runs fine since i had the engine replaced,just these stupid niggly little things i need to sort out
Damic

Post by Damic »

The same happened to me on my Lanos 1,5, twice in last three years. Both times, the car mechanics said that the cause was loss of electric power (obd code) and they just perform the reset to fix the light off. Firstly I tried to reset by disconnecting the battery but without any success.
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

I had problems with my airbag light staying lit until I changed the module located at the front of the console. My mechanic friend said it is a common problem with the modules on these cars. Very expensive to replace from the main dealers but I fitted one from a breakers yard and the light now stays out after 4 seconds. Here's a pic I posted previously of the insides of my bad airbag module.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... dule#72462
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Interesting. I might look into that module thing myself. Where abouts is it located ? If I can get it out I'll take a look and maybe replace if possible. Failing that,bulb out of the cluster sounds good too !
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

It's maybe a loose connector. Airbag harness color is normally yellow.

BUT: Take care working on airbag systems. If you do something wrong expect a Big Bang. Also never try checking harness airbag continuity with a common multimeter: Big Bang too :( .

You should find usefull safety infotmations in the service manual for your car.
I would not disconnect airbag lamp.

Daniel
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

The module is located near the gear shift lever, access it by removing the front section of the centre console. Before I replaced the module my airbag light would go out briefly after 4 secs (as it goes through the self test phase) but would come back on again. It now stays out after 4 secs. Just the ABS light to fix now!