rpm raise

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bigted83

rpm raise

Post by bigted83 »

is it possbile to have my rev limiter raised or turned off, i live in the states and i drive a 2001 daewoo lanos with the 1.6 litre dohc engine and a automatic
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the rev limiter is there for a reason. if you remove it you could blow your engine. also your engine wont have squat for power past the set rev limiter.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

are you thinking about the 'govenor' maybe. if so that's set in you tcu or ecu i'm not sure about the lanos.

garrett
Spider
Expert

Re: rpm raise

Post by Spider »

bigted83 wrote:is it possbile to have my rev limiter raised or turned off, i live in the states and i drive a 2001 daewoo lanos with the 1.6 litre dohc engine and a automatic
Not a wise idea bigted83,
This is why.
You have an automatic tranny. If you are stopped and in park or nuetral and rev up high RPM's ? Your engine will cut-out someplace after three thousand. Its designed to do that. It's a built in safety feature. So engine damage won't occur. Like if your throttle got stuck or your foot got stuck on the gas peddle.

That being said?
I have no idea at what RPM's the rev limiter (or governor) will stall the engine while you are in drive gear and going down the road.
I know it won't happen at 100 mph.
Not that I would ever ask my little Lanos go that fast. ;)
The car is too lightweight for that. If a driver lost control at that speed? Well, you get the idea.
Not a pretty mental vision.
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8847

:)
Last edited by Spider on Thu May 17, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

Autotranny is for pusies... :lol:

This is top speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkrlaCibmtI

and this is 5th gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB9sWx-v ... ed&search=
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

check the FAQ section

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
bigted83

Post by bigted83 »

i know where i can get a manual tranny for it but i know i will have to change that the ecu and the wire harness i think. i've had my woo up to 115 on the pennsylvania turnpike
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

The automatic lanos in neutral or parking cut at 3900rpms. But running at 5800rpms in 1.6 lanos. But in 1.5 lanos 3900 in neutral and parking but running at 6300rpms...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

bigted83 wrote:is it possbile to have my rev limiter raised or turned off, i live in the states and i drive a 2001 daewoo lanos with the 1.6 litre dohc engine and a automatic
bigted83 wrote:i know where i can get a manual tranny for it but i know i will have to change that the ecu and the wire harness i think. i've had my woo up to 115 on the pennsylvania turnpike
bigted83 ?
What are you smokin ????

Don't forget ? You will also need a clutch for that.

Oh, Now I get it ! you just want to go faster ?

Why not just buy a new Dodge Charger with a hemi and a manual tranny ?

P.S.
Remind me to never, ever drive on the Pennsylvania Turnpike !
You might enjoy going that fast on it but what about the people that don't ?
not to mention the State Police?

Personally ? I am not impressed with reckless thoughtless driving on public highways.
Last edited by Spider on Thu May 17, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
bigted83

Post by bigted83 »

i have no idea why it got going that fast and that was the only tim i did usually i cruise with the traffic
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Spider wrote:
Personally ? I am not impressed with reckless thoughtless driving on public highways.

You consider 115 MPH reckless ??? Go hug a tree or something :p ;)

With regards to the rev limiter..... there is no power to be had by increasing the redline.... power drops off heavily past 5500 RPM.... by increasing the redline you'd simply be putting more stress on your engine and end up going slower.

If you don't like your ratios.... and you want gears to last longer.... you can get different final drive gears.... but again.... it will make your car slower.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
bigted83

Post by bigted83 »

i'll stick with it how it is if i just could get some more power out of it like performance cams and stuff and a header stuff like that. but i'm also saving for a new car maybe a 350 z i don't go nowhere really live at home, no girl no kids or anything like that
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

PrecisionBoost wrote:
Spider wrote:

You consider 115 MPH reckless ??? Go hug a tree or something :p ;)
With regards to the rev limiter..... there is no power to be had by increasing the redline.... power drops off heavily past 5500 RPM.... by increasing the redline you'd simply be putting more stress on your engine and end up going slower.

If you don't like your ratios.... and you want gears to last longer.... you can get different final drive gears.... but again.... it will make your car slower.

"You consider 115 MPH reckless ??? Go hug a tree or something :p ;) "

Yeah, I do.

I have been in Alberta Canada. I remember very scenic county, lots of wildlife too. It's a vast beautiful natural area you live and drive in.

I don't remember seeing much in the way of traffic though. Basically ? Next to none.

So I can see how you could think that 115 miles per hour is not a danger to anyone besides maybe a moose or a deer.
Your lucky to live in an area where you can drive that fast with out regard.

Down here in the states ? We have lots of traffic on our public highways and speed limits and even police that write expensive tickets for going way less than 115 mph. That speed in many of our states is officially called "Reckless Driving". A conviction of same could bring jail time.

Hug a tree ?
:lol:
OK, Thanks for that comment ?
Yes, it would be better to "hug a tree" than to wrap my car around one.
Last edited by Spider on Thu May 17, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

- -- Thomas Edison
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

bigted83 wrote:i'll stick with it how it is if i just could get some more power out of it like performance cams and stuff and a header stuff like that. but i'm also saving for a new car maybe a 350 z i don't go nowhere really live at home, no girl no kids or anything like that
Good Luck bigted !
P.S. if you do get a 350 z? right after that dude ? you will get a girl. Lots of em.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

- -- Thomas Edison
bigted83

Post by bigted83 »

thats a wish of mine, but i doiubt it will happen i want the girls cuz i'm lacking getting them now