What Could Possibly Be The Cause of This???

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Zealotors

What Could Possibly Be The Cause of This???

Post by Zealotors »

hey guys ... im at a dead-end yet again ....

for some or other weird reason my car has a VERY slow response in low RPM's .... the car was sent to a machanic who, while i was watching, checked everything and found no errors while connected to the diagnostic machine.

yet i go around a 90 Degree corner and when i come out of the corner im in second gear at 2000 rpm .... as soon as i am through the turn i accelerate (or try to anyway) and it basically purr purr's until the RPM climbs slowly to 3000RPM and then I can drive again like im use to .... with quick response from the car ..... but below that RPM it actually feels like the car is straining to speed up, really struggling ....

any ideas at all ??? i would appreciate any help or ideas on what could be causing this problem now.

Many thanx
Zealotor
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

look for vaccume leaks, and such

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

hey there .....

yes i did .... daniel helped me to figure out it isnt the VGIS coz the little pipe was sucking my finger .... but i just dont know what else could possibly be wrong now ... unless there are other pipes to check for vaccume leaks ???
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

check the main, easy things first, such as fuel filter, u may didnt change it from a long time, and also check ous plugs and sparks, umm and i got a little suspecion on the clutch, it may have used up to a level that makes the car cant accelerate like before, but not that level when u accelerate to feel it slipping.
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

thanx .... i will do so .... im going to get the price of fuel filter and fuel pump (just in case) ....

any idea on how exactly yo take the fuel filter and pump apart ??? i got a service manual and i see the fuel pump is on top of the fuel tank .... that seems very tricky to do ????

and also just for sure measure try to replace the vacuum tubes around the fuel injection unit .... i bought some injector cleaner (the type you throw with your petrol to clean the injectors .... will try that as well ...... i'll reply once everything is in place and will let you guys know if i see a difference.

Zealotor
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

their is a how to topic on removing fuel filter... the fuel pump is not that hard... their is a fastining ring that you should turn counter clockwise and remove the 2 fuel lines and the electrical socket then pull the pump upwards, watch out as it will be full of fuel.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

thanx MMamdouh .... I'll for sure go look at the how to ... as always ... great help here :-)) .....

as a side note: as for the fuel pump .... I've always been VERY cautious working around the fuel tank .... perhaps watching too much movies where cars explodes hehehe :-)

anyways will find out the cost involve and replace them according to that i think :-)
Will Keep everyone updated

Zealotor