fuel injection pipes

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Zealotors

fuel injection pipes

Post by Zealotors »

hey guys ... i got a Daewoo Lanos 1999 1.6 16valve

I know this might sound like a stupid question but standing infront of the car, the timing belt and pulleys are on your left, there is this pipe coming out of the fuel injection that comes towards you and the turns to the left. its metal and round shape. there is suppose to fit a pipe over it but i have no idea where it should go or the purpose of it ..... could anyone please help ??? i didnt take a pic of the pipe (whih i regret now) ... hope you guys can help me out please.

thanx for your ingenious minds :-)
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Welcome,

Can you post a pic of that pipe? Or browse a service manual ( http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5085 )and take reference of it to show us. Is your car running?

Daniel
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

nope the car isnt running, im waiting for the thermister housing to be fitted before we can try and start the car (thats happening hopefully tomorrow) .... i'll try and get the manual and see where and what is perhaps does.. thanx so long fr the help
Ettienne
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

hey there ..... i went to that link but it turns out the file isnt there any more or so says my connection trying to get the file .... the server responds saying its not available any more .... could you perhaps see if it is available ??? many thanx ... Ettienne
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

That file is still available. I just downloaded it once again to be sure. You have to sign-in on http://storeandserve.com to be able to download the file. Their free option give you a limited speed download. The *.rar file is 27Mb.
If you cant' access it try the 108Mb zip file at http://nubira.daewooclub.com/download.php . 1.6 DOHC engine is the same.

BTW could you give your location in your profile?

Daniel
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

hey thanx .... although the one at store and serve didnt want to work with me and i was logged in as well .... so it should have then ... no idea why though .... as for the other file .... its not a problem ... i'll try that one and see what it does .... i got ADSL so 27MB or 127MB doesnt matter to me as long as i can get something to work .....

on the other case .... that pipe ... i found out where it goes .... it comes from the thermistor-housing around the timing belt and pulleys to the fuel injection section and there it goes in .... so that is sorted out .....

on a new case .... i have a flat spot somewhere .... i got no torque in low RPM's .... as soon as i pull off in first gear i'm casually going allow (although i want to go fast) ... but my engine doesnt want to know anything until it reaches around 3000 RPM and then suddenly i got all the torque i desire and would ever want ..... drop down again and the torque is gone again .... im sure there is some setting that went off now like the CO2 settings or something .... what do you think ???

im going to send it in the week to have it checked out ... put the car on a machine and have the fuel/oxygen ratio tested and co2 and all .... perhaps it will run better then (i can only hope)

my profile ?? .... i just logged on the other day when i started getting no answers from the people here and figure somewhere out there, there should be people who knows all these things :-) ... and i got your guys here :-)

im 28, male and i am from Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
I can get basically any daewoo lanos part i want for cheap because i have nice connections at the agents for the 1999 model daewoo lanos which they tell me has a opel engine in or something like that .... anyway the parts i got are all genuine and they fit and thats how i like it :-)
please feel free to ask anything you would like to know .... in the mean time .... time going to search for a low torque problem and see if someone else might have had that problem while i am going to try and download the 107mb file :-)

thanx again
speak again soon
Ettienne
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Glad to know you have find the way for the pipe.
For the lack of torque below 3000 rpm check first for the proper activation of the VGIS actuator. It must be under vaccuum (stem retracted) from idle to approx 3500rpm and vaccuum is released at higher rpm. This system allows engine to work with variable geometry intake system.

Daniel
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

hey thanx but I cant see that pic bigger .... its as if its not allowing me to see it bigger .... no idea how to check the vaccuum of the VGIS although its not the first time I've heard of it ....

so far with one day of driving the faults are just adding up ...

1. no torque at low RPM's
2. the two fans at the radiator is suppose to be off until car get hot but they running from when i start the car until i shut it off
3. in the car the light stays on for me to "CHECK" the engin ... think they call it the engin light .... no idea ....

so those things I'm hoping to fix with your help perhaps ??? is it possible to e-mail me a bigger picture like that ?? or a link to where i can find how to check the VGIS ???

thanx for all your help :-)

Ettienne
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

You can check the vigs by disconnecting the small hose from top of actuator at idle. You must feel a suction from this hose and the actuator's stem sould be released. The suction ceases over around 3500rpm, commanded by the valve sitting on the other end of the hose.

The fans are actuated by the coolant temperature sensor and air-conditionning pressure sensor.
If your car has the ALDL diagnostic connector try to read the error code that light up the CHECK. There is a thread about this in the HOW-TO section.
Basicaly you need to shorten two pins in the connector. Then with ignition ON (no start) the CHECK ENGINE light will flash in sequence to show you the error codes if any.
First code (OK) is always 12 repeated 3x.
Then 3x error code.
Ex: * **** * **** * **** = code 14 Coolant temperature sensor high.
Then back on 12 and so on until you switch off.

If your car has the OBDII system then you need a code reader.
Do a Google search with "ALDL" and/or "OBD2" to see what it is.

If you still can't download the Lanos service manual I'll try to put a copy somewhere. Just let me know.

Daniel
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

great stuff ....

the pic is blown up quite a bit now and i can see exactly what i must do there.... thanx a million

i have no clue what is what there by the ALDL or OBDII .... i'll have to check that out via google as you suggested

thanx a lot :-)
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

hey .... started the car .... got it idling and pulled the pipe ... there is suction in the pipe, not a lot for my finger to really get stuck but enough i reckon ... my car is also idling now between 1500 and 2000 RPM ... will mail everyone the second i come back from having my car tested tomorrow.

thanx for all the help
Zealotors

Post by Zealotors »

hey guys .... ok so i checked my car in and 30min later they sorted my problem out with radiator fans that was blowing from start of the motor and also the whole idling at 2000 RPM .... it was some cable that wasnt plugged in behind the block at the intake side ..... BUT

now im still sitting with the no acceleration at low RPM's ..... the guy said it should be better but it isnt ..... for example .... i go around a 90 Degree corner and when i come out of the corner im in second gear at 2000 rpm .... as soon as i am through the turn i accelerate (or try to anyway) and it basically purr purr's until the RPM climbs slowly to 3000RPM and the i can drive again like im use to with quick response from the car .....

any ideas at all ??? and keep in mind they plugged in the car this morning and it reads that everything is fine and the engine check light isnt on any more .... so yeah .... please help with any ideas ???

Zealotor