The Lacetti

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

the_house123

The Lacetti

Post by the_house123 »

hi guys, wasnt sure where to realy put this, but im thinking of getting the chevy Lacetti.

i was thinking about the 1.6 5door hatchback however i want to know a little bit of 1st hand knowledge about it.
for people who have one, is it worth forking out a nice 7,000 for it?

now aftermarket wise, what kind of body kits would fit it nicely? andother forms of upgrades are easily acessable for it?
any help about this cr would be great
cheers guys
mike
raitz87
Junior

Post by raitz87 »

i recently bougt one, with nose end cras, today, it is in repair, but i'm satisfied, quite cheap and much more better, than my lanos( i mean quality and staff)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

bodykit wise you can go to www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR they have a couple of them. you'll have to look under Suzuki reno there though. and performace wise pretty much anything that works on a lanos engine should work for the car you're looking at. that brings a question of my own though.

are the 1.6l in the lacetti the same as the Lanos or Aveo? just curious

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
the_house123

Post by the_house123 »

thanks guys for the info.

Yeah i also have a lanos aswell, however i wanted to get a new car, yet i liked the look of the lanos and so the lacetti was what i can see being very similar.
I feel that if i do get the Lacetti, i should get a body kit, not too chavvy, maybe a fairly subtle one at most. :D

If anyone has any other comments please feel free to post up as id like to know as much as i can before parting with my money.
cheers
mike
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I drive a Chevrolet Optra 5 ( Lacetti ) and I owned a Lanos before purchasing this vehicle.

As a daily driver the Lacetti is very nice... and I purchased the top end model here in Canada so it is much more comfortable than my old base Lanos.

Right now I'm considering selling my Optra5 only because I am seriously considering importing a Vauxhall Calibra 4X4 Turbo to use as my daily driver.

I also purchased another Lanos.... but it will be strictly for drag racing.

My Optra5 came with the 2.0L (same engine as the 2.0L Ecotec in the Vauxhalls ) and the car gets around pretty good.

Given it's heavier than the Lanos I'm not sure how the 1.6L would feel.... I'd have to think it would be rather slow.

But then again you brits put tiny engines into everything.... so it might not feel that bad to you.

Overall.... I would definitly keep mine or consider buying another one if it weren't for the fact that I want something more luxurious and powerfull. ( I'd have the 2.0L turbo running 300bhp in no time)

So..... I would say that you will be pleased with the upgrade from the Lanos to a Lacetti
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Big Pat

Post by Big Pat »

Does the Optra share a platform with any older GM product?

I think I saw it was based off an older Astra chassis (Astra G?), but I can't find any references either for or against. Maybe I'm just day-dreaming!

It would make sense since Daewoo has done it in the past, and still does with it's powerplants.
Big Pat

Post by Big Pat »

No one? Bummer...
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i not 100% sure, but it should share the Astra G platform.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

We thought it was the Astra G but there are some significant differences..... so now I'm not sure.

I know it shares common parts with other GM Vehicles but it doesn't seem to be a simple knock off like the Lanos/Astra MK2
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos