Aveo Turbo Kit Found?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

XPP-Racing

Post by XPP-Racing »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:I see absolutely no reason why we should give them space on this forum..... they haven't even produced a working product yet.
To be honest, I wasn't on here looking for space to advertise. It would be nice but that wasn't my intention.
For all you know this project might not get off the ground.
Oh it will!!! This isn't the first kit we've built for our customers.
15psi with the stock naturally aspirated computer/fuel pump/injectors??

Is this guy on drugs???
Never done any drugs thank you! I said that the turbo is capable of 15 PSI to redline. That is for the customers who want to tune the kit so they can run more than the 5 PSI we are setting this kit for.
If the kit included larger injectors and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator I might not question this "kit" too much but since the only mention of the fuel system is that they would hopefully use the "stock" setup I have to say this system is incomplete.
On 5 PSI, this kit may work with the stock fuel system. If we find that it won't, then we will look into larger injectors and so on.
How are they going to keep the ECU from seeing boost?
Some computers don't mind seeing minimal amounts of boost. If for some reason the Aveo doesn't like seeing boost, then we can use a neat little thing called a missing link.
If they install a downpipe what happens to the catalytic converters?
Turbo kits usually aren't street legal in most states anyway, so it wouldn't matter if the cat is there or not. However, we are looking for a high quality, high-flo cat that is short enough to build into the downpipe.
Will the factory fuel pump handle the extra fuel requirements??
Shouldn't be a problem at 5 PSI. If it is, then a fuel pump will be added.
I must say that 15psi is a fair bit of boost.... I would suspect that lower compression pistons would be required at the very minimum.
I would say pistons and rods would be a very good idea along with head studs. But once again, our kit is coming with 5 PSI.

I could go on and on...... but my point is that there isn't enough information to ensure that you aren't going to bolt this thing on an blow your engine five minutes into your first run.
I could go on and on too, but I didn't want to fill up pages on your forum with technical talk. That's why I said e-mail me if you have any questions. I appreciate your concerns for your members, but don't talk down to me. It's just rude.
Hell.... I could make you a turbo kit with all the stuff he mentioned for half as much money.... the parts listed are the cheap parts as far as I'm concerned....
Then why haven't you?
how about all the labor that would be required to modify the electrical and fuel systems so the engine will last more than five minutes.
The kit comes with detailed instructions for those tuners who enjoy installing their own parts.
I know you guys love to "jump" on the bandwagon when the prospect of a new product becomes available but you have to get more info and make sure these guys aren't going to sell you some useless crap.
I agree, but you don't have to be rude about it!
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

very nice reply's :D . I think we should encourage new product coming to the line of our new cars.
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I want to support everyone who is already established on this forum, but I also want to give new people a chance, because everyone can contribute, weather it is positive or negative.

The more people we have, the better, and the more people doing R&D for our cars, that's a LOT better.

Progress is made by those who actually do something about it.

Good work to everyone who has done hard work and shared it with us all.

:)

Clff
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Amen
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I am also impressed with your replies.... and I wasn't trying to be rude... many member go nuts about new products before getting any solid information.

I just want to make it clear that doing your homework is very very important before throwing cash at a product in the R&D phase.

I own a multimillion dollar manufacturing company ( Industrial oilfield ) so I question absolutely everything when it comes to construction and design.

I also have a background in engineering so I like technical stuff.

There are a number of people here that build up engines and are very well versed in turbocharging methods.

I'd love to see more tech talk on this board.... this way the other guys can get a little bit of an education

Now that 5psi is brought up I have to wonder what the point of that would be.... you could make similar power with all motor modifications for significantly less money.

This engine was tuned to over 150hp by Lotus while on the GM testbench... but they pushed it back for fuel economy, emissions and overall driveability.

As far as making the turbo kit???? I'm lazy.... yup.... pure and simple... too much stuff going on.... not enough time.

Hell.... I don't even have enough time to finish any of my 2.0L or 2.2L turbo installs.... I have a half dozen engines in various stages of construction and deconstruction.

If I made a kit I'd be doing it for fun.... not to make any money.

A friend of mine who owns Apex Modified ( a well known performance shop up here in Canada ) ownes an Aveo.... so If we felt like it we could probably have a kit together within a week.... Apex does custom kits on a very regular basis on a wide variety of vehicles.

At this point he's still fooling with his Dodge SRT-4 drag car which pushes the 1/4 mile in 11.07.... the funny thing is that he de-tuned the engine by roughly 75whp for the track so that he didn't break into the 10's. (no roll cage yet)
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Ok.... here's where you can impress me and make me say good things about you.

Turbo manifold...
What material & thickness?
Thickness of flanges?
Mandrel bends?
Equal length or uneven length?
Offset left, Offset right or right in the middle?

Turbo...
Trim and A/R??

Install...
Where are you pulling oil from?
Clearance to radiator?
Does it need the fan relocated?

Downpipe...
If it eliminates the Catalytic converter are you going to include an O2 simulator or is this up to the customer to figure out on his own?
Material???

Intercooler....
Size??
Inlet diameter?

I still think the "stock" fuel idea is a little strange.... even though your running 5psi I think this would make for some serious manufacturing liability issues.

A simple RRFPR would suffice as a rough fuel system fix .... and they are relatively cheap.

From what I remember the missing link relocates the MAP sensor behind a check valve... it's not exactly what I would call a "perfect solution"

We have a Dynojet 248X with all the toys.... I think there is a map of the stock AVEO engine posted somewhere on this site.... I can't remember if we had the wideband hooked up... I will see if I can dig it up so you can see what the stock air fuel ratio runs at.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
blueagaveo

Post by blueagaveo »