Need Help With A Radiator Problem

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

davids06aveo

Need Help With A Radiator Problem

Post by davids06aveo »

Hey, I am still fairly new here and have been asking lots of questions about turbo charging my Aveo. All of the responses have been great and very helpful and now I need some help for a friends car. She drives a 2002 Suzuki Aerio with the 2L engine and she has an issue with her radiator. There is a crack in her overflow/holding tank and every car parts store and shop claims they can't get just that overflow/holding tank. I have tried looking around on the internet and have not had very much luck. The best quote we got was $400 for a whole new radiator because they won't pull the tank off and just replace that. All the shops will do is an entirely new radiator and all the parts related to that replacement. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

David
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i dunno, but here in egypt there is people who can weld everything lol, changing is the last possibility here...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

overflow tank as in reservoir?? the one with the cap?? i recon you mean the tank on the side of the radiator as you mentioned disassembling a radiator to get it.

i changed my tank once before for 150LE (26.38USD) but thats on a lanos.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Ya, and i have used Epoxy Steel before to do a small crach in my tank too and it works really great untill now, all u need just the Epoxy and a small fine sandpaper, and just use it on the place where u will apply the Epoxy just to make the surface ready for it and remove any small dirt, then apply the Epoxy and leave it there untill its well dry up...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

get the epoxi that comes in two tubes... i used some other kind that comes in a compund like plastic explosives and it sucked big time.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
davids06aveo

Post by davids06aveo »

The radiator has the small crack in it. Sorry about the info. I was relying on what her dad was telling me. She really doesn't want me pulling apart her car and playing with epoxy. She is way to skeptical to let me do that. So, i will be replacing the entire radiator for her. Thanks for the help.

David