WISECO MAKES 2.2 PISTONS

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

WISECO MAKES 2.2 PISTONS

Post by gse_turbo »

i had Wiseco make me up a set on custom pistons for my T22SED.

if interested the job# is 6669. there's also a reference# 00711-3054.
the compession ratio is 8.5:1 with the same setup and a flat top you can get 11.6:1
the numbers are based on an .051 gasket
they use the same valve cuts as the LET so any head will work
they use a 21mm floating pin
this job# refers to an 3.42 (+.02 of std)
the same setup in a ford 2.3l ut to 40LBS boost
the total was 92.40/piston + 22.37/ring set/piston + 9.00/pin

enjoy
garrett

P.S. these are only for the 2.2, those motors with the 148mm rods and 94mm stroke.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

ok a correction here. the leganza pistons and the nubira (forenza - reno - c20xe - etc etc) are the same the only diference is the rods. How much they will cost?
ImageImage
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

WRONG, sorry. the rod length being 5mm longer means the compression height is different. trust me or i would have just ordered the ones they have on file.

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

...the total was 92.40/piston + 22.37/ring set/piston + 9.00/pin
92.40+22.37+9*4=495.08+shipping puts them at aroung $520.00 give or take your location.

garrett
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Wiseco allready makes them for the 2.0L.....

I have a set of 2.2 pistons at home.... I'm going to check the difference in compression height between the pistons.

The rods might be 5mm longer.... but also keep in mind that it's a different block and the deck height is 10mm taller than the 2.0L.

Good pricing as well.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

where did you find that the block height is 10mm taller?

just for the hell of it, lets got like this.
the 2.0 rod is 143mm and the 2.2 is 148mm = 5mm difference
the 2.0 stroke is 86mm and the 2.2 is 94mm = 8mm difference
the compression heoght is different by 3mm
or if like Chris said,the block is 10mm taller, then there is a difference of 7mm or more.

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

well i have the "foot in mouth" position down!
i must say that i'm a little mad. both at the fact that i put out wrong info and got defencive before checking into it, but also that in the two weeks giving wiseco techs all the specs they never stopped and they were maching the ifno on file.
before i even started i told them to base the pistons on the LET set on file and they still had me send in a sample.
at any rate they are going to be good pistons, i'm just mad that i lost four weeks when i could have just ordered the set to the bore and compression i need and been done with it.

i still haven't seen measurements for the 2.2 deck height. my block is at the mechine shop so i'll have to wait 'til monday to get a measurement.
what i got for the GET i have is 216mm so if chris is right the 2.2's should be 226mm.

just for reference the comp. height i have for the C20GET and T22SED is 30mm(+-)

to me something's not adding up, if there is a difference of total height (conrod & piston) of 3mm and the block height is 10mm taller, then the piston would sit 7mm below deck height.

garrett
p.s. sorry mocpac!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm about 90% sure it was a difference in deck height of 10mm.... you have to remember I own a T20SED(sold), two U20SED, T22SED, two C20GET engines.... and I have taken measurements on the disassembled T20SED, C20GET and T22SED blocks.

I'm digging through my book as we speak.... but I have about 1000 pages worth of data spread out over four or five notebooks..... so I'm having a hard time coming up with solid measurement data (currently I have only been able to locate two books out of the five... but I will keep looking )

I'm also about 90% sure that the compression height between the T22SED pistons anc C20GET pistons is within 0.1mm of each other

Not all this data is on the Opel engines... I also have good solid data on the aluminum ECOTEC.... belive it or not.... it's possible to use the opel rods with Ecotec pistons if the pin diameter is matched.... but that's another long story....and I'm gettting off topic as usual.

Your math is off.....the difference in stroke may be 8mm but that's divided by two since the T22SED crank journal is 4mm higher at TDC and 4mm lower at BDC..... so your difference between the two cranks is only 4mm not 8mm

So.... if the deck height is 10mm taller on the T22SED, the crank pushes the rod up 4mm higher then the difference between the center to center of the rods must be a difference of 6mm

You got 5mm..... and I can't confirm this data until I find my data book with all the rod and piston comparisons.

I could have been off.... the deck height might have been 9mm taller..... thus 5mm from rods and 4mm from stroke.

I will confirm numbers as soon as I get a chance.... shouldn't take me too long.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Oh..... the stroke of the 2.2L is actually 94.6mm......not 94mm..... so.... that makes the difference exactly 4.3mm

Ok.... found one of the spec pages.... C20GET rod = 143.5mm and T22SED rod = 148.2mm

Hmmm.... this is confusing.... I have the length of the T20SED rod down as 146.8mm

I have the T22SED compression height as 29.8mm to 30.2mm (not sure why I had a difference.... perhaps I was having a hard time getting the mircrometer to give me a steady reading )

For deck height of my C20GET (never rebuilt) I had a reading of 216.6mm

I couldn't find the T22SED block height..... but I sware I measured it as 10mm difference

So.... using the 148.2mm minus 143.5mm I get a difference of 4.7mm in the length of the two rods

So... if the difference between the T22SED and C20GET crankshafts is 4.3mm and the difference between rods is 4.7mm then the total difference between the C20GET piston top position and T22SED piston top position is exactly 9mm.

So the deck height of the T22SED would have to be 9mm taller than the C20GET to maintain the same position for the top of the pistons

Now.... the question is if there is a difference between gaskets and piston position between the two.

I know Tom had to get a thicker gasket made when using the rod/piston combination.... as his piston tops were slightly higher than expected.

All in all.... I don't know for sure about the exact position or deck height difference.

Given I've calculated it should be 9mm and I'm pretty sure I measured it as 10mm..... well... I think that's pretty close.

Any way you cut it..... the compression height of the two pistons is very very close.

Hopefully my rambling hasn't been too confusing..... I'm just throwing this stuff up here as I come accross it in my books ( still only found 3 out of 5 books.... perhaps the other two are at work )
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

so is the T20 measuring 216mm(+/-)? if so how does the 2.0 and 2.2 use the same piston and head and end up with the same copression ratio, with the 2.2 piston sitting 9mm lower?

garrett
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Your confusing me.... 1/2 of crank stroke + extra connecting rod length = 9mm higher up

So if you put the 2.2L crank, rods, pistons in to a T20SED.... the pistons would stick out of the block 9mm

And that is why the T22SED block deck height is 9mm ( or 10mm ) taller..... so that the piston crown is in the exact same place between the T20SED and T22SED

I'm pretty sure the compression height on the C20GET, T22SED, T20SED, U20SED are all identical.... thus the pistons are interchangeable.

In fact.... the C20XE and C20LET rod/pistons are also interchangeable with the C20GET, T20SED, U20SED

Now..... before anyone goes out and gets X20XEV pistons for the T22SED.... I have to check the small end width of the T22SED connecting rod.

The bottom of the rod is smaller.... but I'm about 70% sure that the top end of the two rods are the same (same width and pin size)

I will have to check the measurements when I get home from work.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

t22sed and t20sed pistons are 9.5:1 compression ratio. You can use the nubira crank in a leganza 2.2 engine w/o problems also in vice versa.
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

T22SED connecting rod has a pin diameter of 21mm and a small end width of 22mm...... which I belive is the same as the C20LET and T20SED.... I'm not sure about the C20GET.... I think it's also the same.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
C20GET

Post by C20GET »

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I haven't been around for a bit.
so is the T20 measuring 216mm(+/-)? if so how does the 2.0 and 2.2 use the same piston and head and end up with the same copression ratio, with the 2.2 piston sitting 9mm lower?
Whenever the rod length and / or block height is adjusted to allow the same piston on different stroke engines, the combustion chamber size needs to be altered to maintain the same compression ratio. Which leads up to a question I've been wondering about (the reason I'm searching tonight, actually). What differences are there between the T22SED and T20SED heads, if any? If this is in a previous thread, mind giving some clues to help locate it?

Thanks.
Deathwind
Junior

Hey

Post by Deathwind »

There are no difference between 2.2L head and 2.0L head.

I can assure you that in Parts catalogue both have same part number.

And the piston makes the change of the combustion chamber volume.

Pistons' top look different.

So when you use 2.2L piston on 2.0L engine you get about 8.6:1~8.8:1.

Which is nice for low boost turbo.