Turbo Optra - Now on tuned Haltech @ 225whp

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Audacity Racing wrote:Could it not be the same as the Nubira ;)
hehe yes I see that one now, but that is OEM clutch..... I don't see how that would help me, as it would start slipping again. I do appreciate the help though. I remember kinky has a nice aftermarket clutch, and also Tom said he could get one that would be good up to 400hp.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Send eclutchmaster an email. Mocpac has the stage 1 if I'm not mistaken...
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Audacity Racing wrote:Send eclutchmaster an email. Mocpac has the stage 1 if I'm not mistaken...
and the Nubira clutch is 100% compatible with the newer motor in the Optra?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

exist3nce wrote:
Audacity Racing wrote:Send eclutchmaster an email. Mocpac has the stage 1 if I'm not mistaken...
and the Nubira clutch is 100% compatible with the newer motor in the Optra?
I actually don't have the parts numbers for the Forenza handy to tell :oops: :oops:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Kinkyllama, Tom and Myself all have this one.....

2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:Kinkyllama, Tom and Myself all have this one.....

Yes I've been talking to kinky about that one, but I'm trying to figure out how the build quality is or what make/brand it is and some hard specs on it? Like how much torque is it rated for ? Also, it may take up to 4 months to get it :cry:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Ummmmm..... did I mention I have two sets???

I need one set right now..... but my clutch and Tom's pressure plate will fit just fine.

It would be just a matter of ensuring that you pay Kinky for another clutch.... I don't care if it's 8 months before I get another one.... I doubt that I will get that far on my Lanos project.

Build quality is great from what I see..... there are quite a few guys in the UK using this clutch setup.

Like I said before in another post..... the pressure plate is made by Sachs.... but it has uprated spring fingers.

The clutch has no name on it.... it's made in a country far far away... where they have lots of 10 second Astra turbos blasting down the drag strips

I'd say more..... but the country of origin gives away the name of the supplier.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:Ummmmm..... did I mention I have two sets???

I need one set right now..... but my clutch and Tom's pressure plate will fit just fine.

It would be just a matter of ensuring that you pay Kinky for another clutch.... I don't care if it's 8 months before I get another one.... I doubt that I will get that far on my Lanos project.

Build quality is great from what I see..... there are quite a few guys in the UK using this clutch setup.

Like I said before in another post..... the pressure plate is made by Sachs.... but it has uprated spring fingers.

The clutch has no name on it.... it's made in a country far far away... where they have lots of 10 second Astra turbos blasting down the drag strips

I'd say more..... but the country of origin gives away the name of the supplier.
Ok I'll take your word on it, I just didn't want to be buying a mystery product. Ofcourse I'm very interested to get a clutch as soon as possible. Are you willing to sell me a set? If so, how much ? I can work out the payment.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Dude eclutchmaster have that one If I'm not wrong Chris that is a stage two? Remember exist3nce is this is your every day car with a stage 2 clutch the first gear is a little strong.
ImageImage
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

mocpac wrote:Dude eclutchmaster have that one If I'm not wrong Chris that is a stage two? Remember exist3nce is this is your every day car with a stage 2 clutch the first gear is a little strong.

Yah I sent them an email 2 days ago, still waiting for a response.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

mocpac wrote:Dude eclutchmaster have that one If I'm not wrong Chris that is a stage two? Remember exist3nce is this is your every day car with a stage 2 clutch the first gear is a little strong.
I have the same clutch/pressure plate as Chris...Im sure its stiffer than stock but I cant remember. But it doesnt bother me at all and I'm not a very stronge guy since I broke my jaw last year. I just dont wanna hold the clutch down through a whole red light or something.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
exist3nce
Expert

Some new updates

Post by exist3nce »

I think I've got the clutch sorted out, just waiting for shipping.

Aside from that, for the past 2 days I've been at my friends shop and we have been changing some things to improve the driveability (there have been some significant issues with the Honda MAP). To start off he made me a check valve for the stock MAP sensor so the ECU can use it to read vacuum, but will not see any boost. We also obtained a Greddy 3 bar map sensor which is designed for the Emanage. So now I have 2 map sensors. One for the stock ECU and one for the Emanage to measure boost.

With the stock MAP back in place, the emanage was not able to trim enough fuel out for it to run properly for idle and normal driving. So we have gone back to stock injectors. We will see how much power can be made with this setup, and if it starts running lean then we will use 2 of my 32lb injectors mounted into the charge pipe just before the T/B for auxiliary fuel which the Emanage can control independently. This should make the car run exactly like stock in all off boost conditions. Also we will tune it for 94 oct fuel off boost so it will be a bit more responsive :) Further to this, I will also be getting o2 simulators so that I can have my closed loop fuel economy back (all this time my front o2 has been unplugged).

Some pics:

Kinda messy wiring job the previous shop did... whats with the cut off wires? :? We had to take their wiring apart because the TPS signal was not making it to the emanage.

Heres the 32lb injectors I have been using, someone was asking for a pic of them before.

Some pics of the check valve we fabricated with the stock MAP sensor in place (mounted to my fuel rail), also the stock injectors can be seen back in place.
Image Image Image

Just a pic of my buddy working away :D

When the clutch arrives, hopefully I can get some pics of that install too.
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

nice to hear
keep it up
spec to see new numbers
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I like the clean look of the MAP adaptor. I'll post a photo of my setup. Same idea, different approach.

I am surprised your emanage cannot bring the injectors down enough. Its should be able to do -50%; perhaps the non-return system keeps higher idle fuel pressure? Can your guys connect fuel pressure gauge to the greiner valve on the fuel rail?

Post by exist3nce »

GsiTurbo wrote:I like the clean look of the MAP adaptor. I'll post a photo of my setup. Same idea, different approach.

I am surprised your emanage cannot bring the injectors down enough. Its should be able to do -50%; perhaps the non-return system keeps higher idle fuel pressure? Can your guys connect fuel pressure gauge to the greiner valve on the fuel rail?
Ya we think the other shop got the larger injectors to work only with that differently scaled MAP, with stock MAP Emanage couldn't handle it and we had black smoke coming out at idle even with 2 cats!! lol :o

I'll see about connecting a fuel pressure gauge next time I'm back, which should be soon.