rotrex s/c's

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

AcingTeam wrote:My friend put a turbo on his M3 (V6), he's only running like 5psi. His got an exhaust, but the engine is pretty much stock. He already went through like 4 fuel pumps, 5 alternator belts etc. The car isn't very reliable... and it's only 5psi on almost a stock motor.
as far as i know BMW didn't make a V6 and put it into the M3... only Saw a V8 in a 5 series and V10 in M5s... all 6 cyl. BMW engines that i came acros were inline engines.

at boost conditions and problimatic pump you will get fuel starvation (thirst)... can't see how can the boost damages the pump, the ame goes for alternator belt... it is never part of the equation.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

exist3nce wrote:
AveoSSTurbo wrote:is 8 psi the most i can boost? i was hoping for 10 maybe a lil more.
Are you planning to build the motor? Pushing over 8psi on stock motor is getting risky. Unless you want to just push it and see how much it can take before something gives out. I'm planning to put mine up to 8psi soon, but the tuning has to be good or else I will probably blow something. I would consider 10psi quite risky, and anything over that just asking for trouble without some upgraded internals.
well... their is this guy klonek (spelling) from poland has a 2.0 nubira wagon that is running 12 psi for the past 20k kms with stock internals... it is tuned with an SMT7 though and given that i say it is very well tuned.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AveoSSTurbo

Post by AveoSSTurbo »

im not gonna keep stock internals for this but audacity was talking about
Audacity Racing wrote: I agree. 10psi is too far for any reliability unless you intend on running a water-cooled intercooler, alcohol injection, or high test fuel all the time.
is that all still needed if i upgrade internals?? i kind of like the idea of water-cooled intercooler though so i might use that anyways.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

AveoSSTurbo wrote:im not gonna keep stock internals for this but audacity was talking about
Audacity Racing wrote: I agree. 10psi is too far for any reliability unless you intend on running a water-cooled intercooler, alcohol injection, or high test fuel all the time.
is that all still needed if i upgrade internals?? i kind of like the idea of water-cooled intercooler though so i might use that anyways.

Are you planning a street car or race/track car here? I don't think you want to be using race fuel for daily driving unless you have $$$ to blow haha.

The alcohol/water injection is a good idea regardless, as it will cool the combustion chamber temps quite a bit. It will act as a safeguard against detonation should you unexpectedly run lean, overboost, or have some tuning issues that would otherwise cause detonation. It won't protect you 100%, but it will be similar to running a higher octane fuel, so you have more of a safety buffer before your motor pops. As for upgrading internals, that depends on what you plan to upgrade.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

MMamdouh wrote: well... their is this guy klonek (spelling) from poland has a 2.0 nubira wagon that is running 12 psi for the past 20k kms with stock internals... it is tuned with an SMT7 though and given that i say it is very well tuned.

MMamdouh

Yes I have read about his turbo. While I think thats really cool and great work on his part, it is still my opinion he is flirting with death (motor death lol). If its working for him thats awesome! But I certainly wouldn't count on it working reliably for myself or anyone else. I would only try 12psi if I had a spare motor ready to go :)
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
AveoSSTurbo

Post by AveoSSTurbo »

planin on a street car lol i dont got the money for race fuel.