Car surging forward

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Beastie

Car surging forward

Post by Beastie »

Ok.....my 2000 lanos has been surging forward when stoppped. The problems seems to get worse. It actually starts to rough idle then surge forward. I already replaced tha cam sensor. My guess its either the TPS or the Map sensor. Any ideas?
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

My vote goes to timing belt actually...
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

cool, ill keep that it mind.....im also getting a general misfire code. the people at the dealership really screwed me up. I took it for the cam sensor recal. And of coarse my car wasnt convered , and i asked them about that problem, and they said it was the cam sensor...they also said that the read the code to.I think they just like screwing people over.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

To me, it sounds like the timing belt is off one, maybe two, teeth on the exhaust side.

You ought to go to AutoZone and get it scanned and report the error here, so we can give you an idea of what to do to fix it
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

Cool...thanks ill try and run by autozone today!
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

ok...now im a lil mad. I ran up to auto zone to get the codes read. The code P0342 came up twice, when it read the code it said it had 2 codes one p0342 low imput and the other p0342 p/d. That code is for the cam shaft sensor....which i just replaced. We cleared the code , abd then iy came right back up again.......i wondering to any sensors possiably share the same code???

any help whould be great!!!!!
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

Ill try and reset the eco and the idle today after work...hopefully that will work. I need to get this done asap so i can gack to restoring my mustang!!!
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

Well...i reset the ECO...and nothing still having the same problems. Ive been reading about other cars having this problem....and have it never being fixed....so im losing a lil hope here.
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Well, first lets start off small: have you replaced the spark plugs/wires. And is it auto or manual. Does it do it more often after you floor it and let off the gas pedal, and right when you stop it jumps foward?
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

yes, all plugs and wires have been changed. It does at almost soon after i come to a complete stop. Engine revs and thenm it jumps forward. And when i but it in park or neutral it revs up and down then cuts off.
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

a guy at the dealership said it could be the crankshaft sensor
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

Well i also noticed that the car does it (surges forward) also when im driving, its just harder to notice. Also it seems that my panel lights dim off and on. Almost like a power surge.
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

It kinda seems like something to do with alternator.. see if you can get it tested at autozone.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

Well, they tested the Alt, and its fine. I have no idea what the issue can be.
Beastie

Post by Beastie »

Just got off the phone with a guy form coates , he said it sounds like a wiring issue ofr the tps sensor. So thats my next thing to ck. And for only $13 repair kit..i hope thats it.