Fuel Filter Replacement, can't get metal connector off?

Here you will find general facts about Daewoo Vehicles

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

m00ncrickit

Fuel Filter Replacement, can't get metal connector off?

Post by m00ncrickit »

I tried replacing my fuel filter today but I have a little problem. The output connector has a clip on it, very easy to take off. The intake has this black cap looking thing coming out of the connector and I couldn't for the effin' life of me figure out how to take it off after screwing with it for almost an hour.

Here is my MS Paint rendition of my problem...
2001 Daewoo Lanos (Silver) - Automatic Transmission - 1.6L DOHC Engine
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is a PITA to take of that thing... AFAIK their is a little tool to rempove that nasty thing.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
m00ncrickit

Post by m00ncrickit »

I bought the dumb little ring tool.... Bzzzzzt!!! Wrong!!! I yanked on that thing like f*** for almost 2 hours... Nothing, didn't budge! :cry:
m00ncrickit

Post by m00ncrickit »

What exactly do you do to take this off? Does the Black thing stay on the filter or do you push it in and remove it with the fuel line?
m00ncrickit

Post by m00ncrickit »

I GOT IT!!! I was searching on google and found some dude that had the same problem.

http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/news.php/51

Just take the door trim tool (the one for taking off the horseshoe clip on the window crank handle) and jam it between the black part and the filter intake and yank that sucker right out. It took me like 5 seconds!!! Then, you gotta take off the clip on the intake of the new filter (a little peice of plastic, comes right off). Then put the new filter in and connect the intake line till it clicks. The output has a clip and is very easy to tell when it's in. Hopefully this'll help anyone else having trouble!!!

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

good shit. thanks for shareing that bit of info. should help whe i (finally) change my fuel filter (50k miles) it needs it bad!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

that little black thing well...its gone, i broke it and ihave a replacement piece thatwill work on it since i just got mad and ripped the p.o.s. off of there... so i have to replace thewhole end when i have to change it hehe
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

If you dont want to buy that special tool you can simply rip it off with brute force. It will only break the clip. The clip then can be replaced with those simple to use plastic ones that come with the oem fram filters
Stay in control with Hankook's weather...or not technology.
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

i was talking about the inlet side of the fuel filter.. i got pissed, and i yanked it off of there, so the side that has the metal clip in there with the plastic insert, i would have to replace part of that metal line lol..
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
mattruffer471

Post by mattruffer471 »

I had the same problem. What I did to remove the filter was to cut off the filter with cutters as close to the body of the fuel filter as possible leaving the inlet inside the fuel line. Then I took a Ford fuel filter remover, inserted it over the cut piece of the inlet, pressed it into the fuel line and yanked the inlet right out of the fuel line. Not the proper way, but it worked for me......
2000 Daewoo Lanos 3dr, white, bought in November 2006 with 56K miles.