Dyno Day for Lemans Turbo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Dyno Day for Lemans Turbo

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well.... I loaded up my Turbo Lemans and took it down to my friend's tuning shop to get a baseline dyno today.

Tom performed the dyno and I am pleased with the results.

The "stock" power to the wheels was just under 140WHP and the torque was around 175lb ft

Considering it's rated for 165hp and 175lb ft at the crank..... this engine was under rated by GM.

This is a completely stock C20GET engine.... exactly as it was when I purchased the car.... I didn't even bother to change the spark plugs or oil.

The wastegate actuator is rather week and the car needs a tune up.

Given this was just a quick baseline just to get some starting numbers and check the Air/fuel ratio I'm sure I could squeeze out another half dozen or more horses by simply giving the car a quick tune up (replace oil/filter, replace plugs, replace plug wires, clean up distributor and adjust timing )

The next dyno post you will see from me will be with the intercooler, under drive pulley and adjustable cam gear installed.

I should have the body work finished soon.... and the car will be reassembled. (currently it's not insured.... I had to drive it over on my trailer )
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I did a few burnouts.... hopefully Tom will be able to upload the smoke show video outside the shop.... the Tachometer doesn't work so I was rather cautious with the burnout... it wasn't even at full throttle.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

SWEEET cant wait to see the vd and the next dyno
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

nice. That engine looks like it has much better top end than my U20SED. I'll be interested to see the improvements you make.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Just looking thru some old stuff........... what ever happened with this ? any new results?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well..... what can I say.... six months later... the upgrade parts haven't arrived ( 8V T3 turbo manifold , ceramic clutch, pressure plate )

I guess that's the problem with dealing overseas.... sometimes things get screwed up.

Funny you should bring this up.... I finally dug the car out of the snow on Saturday and boosted it..... it's sitting in my shop as we speak getting the battery charged up (have a very slow drain on battery from somewhere)

As for the videos.... well.... my camera does quicktime .mov videos and they are huge!!!

I don't have a converter to move it to a reasonably sized compressed format.... so the videos are still sitting in my computer.

I have the intercooler, turbo, piping and all that ready to go... just need the clutch and manifold to show up some time this century.

I have installed a high performance aluminum core race radiator.... and changed a few things with respect to coolant plumbing.... but other than that.... nothing else of real interest.

Once I see the good parts arrive I will start working on a new intake manifold.... the stock one is too restrictive.

I'm contemplating the idea of using quad drive by wire throttlebodies and convert my throttle system over to an electrical pickup with feedback.

I'm not too sure how much power to shoot for..... but I will start out in the 13psi range and see how things work out from there..... who knows where it will end.... I imagine I will blow up the stock F16 before the engine.

I bought two sets of Astra VXR injectors..... so odds are I will use one set in the C20GET build up.

I also need to upgrade the fuel pump... the stock Sunbird pump is decent.... but not capable of supporting the boost levels I'd like to see.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

when you make the video you can open it with quick time and tehn click file and export or convert and you can change it and make it smaller
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You need quicktime pro to do that..... which I don't have.... so I'm stuck
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:You need quicktime pro to do that..... which I don't have.... so I'm stuck
DOH! Wrong link....

http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tut ... v/divx.php