R.I.P Speakers

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

R.I.P Speakers

Post by BosnianLanos »

Six years of heat, humidity, and driving have totally screwed my stock speakers. A few nights ago my rear speakers started buzzing, and today I took off the back panel to expose the speakers (I assumed that something fell into them and with every thump was buzzing). There was nothing there, but I did find huge tears in the speaker membranes that were buzzing. Now it sounds like my speakers are underwater! Basically, unfixable. So, I want a set of replacment speakers, nothing to crazy, basically something that'll just plug-n-play without too much splicing or modifying to my car, preferably some that I don't have to change my head unit for. Any suggestions? My budget is up to $70 US per speaker. Any suggestions are apreciated! :D
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Follow the link to Crutchfield's site for pricing/selection of car audio to fit your specific model.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KPSkKy80i1 ... fo.asp?lp=
2000 Nubira SX
2005 Mitsu Ralli//art
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I believe you can pretty much fit any 4" speakers in the front and 4"x 6" in the back roughly off the top of my head.

Personally when mine go? I'm putting in Infinity Component speakers... and 3 Alpine 10's.... I don't know what amp yet tho... Oh well check that link...
if your going $70 per speaker you should be able to find some decent ones in that range.

Good Luck and let us know what you got!
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

If you are handy with a jigsaw and MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) you can make replace the stock 4" speaker stand-offs thata are inside your door with new speaker stand-offs (looks like a wooden doughnut) to fit 5 1/4" or even up to 6 1/2" speakers. If you go with 6 1/2", it will be a LOT easier if you get shallow mounting depth ones where the magnet does not stick out the back too far as it will hit the window track inside the door.

I upgraded my 4" to 6 1/2" and it sounds a LOT better.

Also remember to install some sound deadening on the doors under your door panels to help reduce road noise & REALLY help out mid-bass responce.

Cliff