Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exist3nce
Expert

Re: Car is Back

Post by exist3nce »

kinkyllama wrote:
exist3nce wrote:
Who knows where I can get injectors in this range for the Optra and how much do they cost?
I can but shipping takes awhile :?
From what companies can I get them? and what cost? I need injectors ASAP lol ............ I am going back to the shop sometime in the first week of Jan so I need them by then.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

exist3nce wrote:removed the BOV

So now my search begins for larger injectors, they recommend somewhere in the rage 35 - 40 lbs (320 - 420 CC i think)

Who knows where I can get injectors in this range for the Optra and how much do they cost ............... and I need them ASAP lol?

This are some of my observations just thinking ...

Why do they remove the BOV ? BOV's dont have to do nothing when controlling boost

I think they removed the WasteGate so that the turbo didnt spool up, as you said it did but only few psi

bigger injectors ... they suppost to be in the part list from the biggining
how could the shop forget that N/A injectors in many cars dont go bigger than 250-290cc, our cars have like 220cc injectors

bigger injectors are easy to find ... i got mine 450cc from 2G Eclipse GST for only $80 with resistor box, the "problem" you will have is the injectors plug in your harnes its a small plug, i dont see many aftermarket injectors with that plug

but the plug is easy to change in the harness so thats not big deal
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Nubira2.2 wrote:
exist3nce wrote:removed the BOV

So now my search begins for larger injectors, they recommend somewhere in the rage 35 - 40 lbs (320 - 420 CC i think)

Who knows where I can get injectors in this range for the Optra and how much do they cost ............... and I need them ASAP lol?

This are some of my observations just thinking ...

Why do they remove the BOV ? BOV's dont have to do nothing when controlling boost

I think they removed the WasteGate so that the turbo didnt spool up, as you said it did but only few psi

bigger injectors ... they suppost to be in the part list from the biggining
how could the shop forget that N/A injectors in many cars dont go bigger than 250-290cc, our cars have like 220cc injectors

bigger injectors are easy to find ... i got mine 450cc from 2G Eclipse GST for only $80 with resistor box, the "problem" you will have is the injectors plug in your harnes its a small plug, i dont see many aftermarket injectors with that plug

but the plug is easy to change in the harness so thats not big deal

They removed the BOV so that most of the boost coming from the turbo goes right out the hole where the BOV sits. In this manner, even tho the turbo would be pushing FULL boost with the wastegate closed, most of the air comes right back out again, and not much additional air is forced into the engine.

I didn't get bigger injectors in the first place because the shop said they will try to see how far they can push the stock ones. Now we know their limit and its time to get bigger ones.

Those eclipse 2G injectors, will they fit properly to my motor? What is this resistor box (are the 2G's low impedance?) and where would I get one of those?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

exist3nce wrote:
They removed the BOV so that most of the boost coming from the turbo goes right out the hole where the BOV sits. In this manner, even tho the turbo would be pushing FULL boost with the wastegate closed, most of the air comes right back out again, and not much additional air is forced into the engine.

I didn't get bigger injectors in the first place because the shop said they will try to see how far they can push the stock ones. Now we know their limit and its time to get bigger ones.

Those eclipse 2G injectors, will they fit properly to my motor? What is this resistor box (are the 2G's low impedance?) and where would I get one of those?
if you remove the BOV yould be forcing the turbo to spool but it will never make any pressure

i didnt mean to close the WG that will cause psi until the engine blows

i meaned remove the WG from the manifold or remove the spring from the WG that will cause a "leak"
in the manifold (the wg would be open all the time) and no exhaust to move the turbine wheel

the DSM injectors fit in the Nubira/Leganza injectors plug and i asume the fit in the intake manifold
they are 2.2ohms that why we need resistor box

u can get them junkyard, ebay etc ...
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

exist3nce wrote:So now my search begins for larger injectors, they recommend somewhere in the rage 35 - 40 lbs (320 - 420 CC i think)

Hmmmmmm...... I'm tempted to say yes.... I imported two brand new sets of Astra VXR injectors (complete with fuel rail ) from the UK and I think they were 475CC

They are the upgraded injectors from the Z20LEH (higher output than Z20LET).... should be good for 300+ WHP

I'm just not sure if I want to part with one of the two sets....... and they weren't exactly cheap..... I'd have to look and see how much I paid for them.

I technically haven't thrown them in to see if they fit perfectly..... but they look like they should fit..... and I"m about 90% sure it's the same cylinder head.

I took a picture but when I hit the "add image to post" the site said it was down
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
exist3nce wrote:So now my search begins for larger injectors, they recommend somewhere in the rage 35 - 40 lbs (320 - 420 CC i think)

Hmmmmmm...... I'm tempted to say yes.... I imported two brand new sets of Astra VXR injectors (complete with fuel rail ) from the UK and I think they were 475CC

They are the upgraded injectors from the Z20LEH (higher output than Z20LET).... should be good for 300+ WHP

I'm just not sure if I want to part with one of the two sets....... and they weren't exactly cheap..... I'd have to look and see how much I paid for them.

I technically haven't thrown them in to see if they fit perfectly..... but they look like they should fit..... and I"m about 90% sure it's the same cylinder head.

I took a picture but when I hit the "add image to post" the site said it was down
Hey Chris, I'd be very interested in these if they do fit and work properly. Can you let me know how much you would want for them or point me in the right direction of finding some others that would work?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Injectors for the Nubira engine are easier to find..... these delphi injectors are longer and taller.

I'm at home now..... the VXR injectors / fuel rail fit perfectly into the U20SED ( I have a spare U20SED from a Forenza..... among other things :D )

The VXR fuel rail is about twice the diameter of the Optra/Forenza injector fuel rail.

There are however some issues.

The VXR injectors have a different connector...... looks like a Bosch style.... which makes sense because the VXR uses Bosch management system.

As well..... you have to use the VXR fuel rail.... they don't fit into the Optra fuel rail very well.... they end up being too short and not going into the intake far enough.

The VXR fuel rail is a "return" system with the fuel regulator built right in.... where as ours is a "returnless" system.

Not a big deal.... just have to put on a plug on the end where the fuel pressure regulator is sitting.

The fuel line connection is very different.... the VXR is a large screw on connector where as the Optra fuel rail has a small tube built in that attaches to the fuel line via a banjo fitting.

The screw in fittings might be metric..... but..... they screw in so it would be possible to screw them out and rethread to an imperial thread for the connection.... I'm sure the shop would be able to figure it out.

I suppose the only big issue is the connectors....... I'm thinking they could probably source some Bosch style connectors from another vehicle.

I will pull up my cost..... but honestly.... you might be better off picking up some aftermarket ones..... I paid quite a bit because they were the right size for my project and I wanted the fuel rail with a "return" system.

I have lots of pics.... but the image post still doesn't work.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Ok..... Here is the link to the company I bought them from in the UK.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-VXR-INJE ... dZViewItem

So... I paid 80 pounds each and then 40 pounds for shipping..... my total cost via paypal worked out to be $437.82 CDN

Then when they arrived I had to pay 6% GST and 6% import duty.... so that brought it up to $490.36 for the pair

So my cost right now as it stands would be $245.18 per set (with fuel rail)

Still not a "bad" deal..... but you might be able to find some uprated Delphi injectors for cheaper.

Once you add the labor to fool around and get them hooked up.... your cost might be higher than if you found a direct replacement.

I'm not that eager to sell a set...... but I will help you out if you don't have any other options.

I will have other stuff coming from the UK in the future..... so I can allways bring in another set later on.

Let me know what you want to do.

Part number for Optra Injector = 96334808

Part number for VXR Injector = 55556799

Both sound like GM part numbers.

Hmmmmmmm...... just a thought...... what about Saab 2.0L injectors?????

I have a Saab EPC and Service Manual.... I will look at the injectors and the part number to compare.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

OK so say I was to go for aftermarket ones.... What should I be looking for besides high impedance and the flow rate I want? I guessing I need "delphi" style injectors? I think what I'm wondering is how do I know whether a set of aftermarkets will fit/work properly or not ? I would rather do as little modification as possible and have them be as "plug & play" as I can. BTW Chris you can email me the pics if you want.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I will do some digging...... going out to test a Mazda CX7 for my wife.

Just had to share this with you....... the reason your injectors maxed out was because the 96334808 is also used in the AVEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are using injectors that are designed for a 1.6L to 2.0L displacement!!!!!

That makes me wonder about a few other things.

No luck on the Saab injectors.... they look quite different.... not sure about Saab connector.... probably a Bosch but I can't be sure.... I have to pull up the electrical connector to take a look.

Anywyas.....gotta go.... talk to you soon

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

We should look back at this..... http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... t=injector

Here is an aftermarket supplier showing the 25176061 delphi injectors...... and they definitly have the same pin type as the U20SED injectors

http://www.racetronix.com/17113739.html

If you click on dimensions it takes you to a PDF.... http://www.racetronix.com/Manuals/Injec ... c2_inj.pdf

I measured our U20SED injectors and they are the "LONG" Delphi injectors

Unfortunatly the Chevy LS1 motor uses the "MINI"..... so that screws up that idea...... too bad... they probably would have worked great.

The name they use for the injectors is "MULTEC II" shorty

Hmmmm..... I wonder if you could "modify" the fuel rail so that it dropped down 20mm...... then the Chevy LS1 "mini multecII" injectors would work just fine.

I will continue to dig around.... we will find you something...... that stupid Delphi site is screwed up again... it won't bring up specification pages.

I found a site saying that most GM vehicles have been useing the MULTEC II injectors since 1999

That may mean that upgrading the injectors might be really easy..... it's just a matter of finding the right GM vehicle.

I also just found a nice site that sells the connectors for the Bosch injectors (Astra VXR Z20LEH) http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_CONNECT.asp

Looks like the connectors are "EV1" connector and they cost $7.50 each
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

YES>>>>> FOUND YOUR SOLUTION

Ok..... after an hour and a bit of digging...... our injector is the same as the Delphi FJ10573 injector used in the 2003-2005 Pontiac Sunfire and Chevy Cavalier

The big difference is that it is rated at 24 lb/hr instead of 19 lb/hr ..... and yes.... that's only a 26% increase in fuel output.... but that's not the point.

I'm sure there are quite a few aftermarket replacement injectors for the Sunfire/Cavalier 2.2L engine...... so you should be able to find the size you need.

http://go.delphi.com/CS/DPSS/CATALOG/Pr ... er=FJ10573

Here is the side image of the SUN/CAV injector

The only difference is in the end.... it has four holes instead of the two in our Optra injector.

I think this is definitly a good start..... kinda wish I hadn't spent so much on the VXR injectors.... oh well.... atleast it has a nice fuel rail and I can say "powered by OPEL ASTRA VXR PARTS"

Ok.... here is one more confirmations..... here is an Ebay auction for a 2003 Sunfire injector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONTIAC- ... 3953QQrdZ1

Looks just like the Optra injectors.... even same clips..... GM part number 12571863

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Wow thats alot of info. I appreciate the research you've done.

I was chatting with tom about 30mins ago. He seems to think the most reliable and hassle free way would be to go with the VXR rail / injectors. I understand that it was difficult to get them and I saw the link. I would probably buy them off that ebay link except for timing......... "Note: The seller of this item is away until 02 January 2007. You may purchase the item, but there may be a delay in processing your order" by the time I actually get them it will be mid-end January. I absolutely must have the car up and running and 100% tuned by Jan 8, as I will be needing it for daily driving. Would you consider selling me one of your sets? I would even give you some extra $ for your time / effort / trouble of sourcing these in the first place. Let me know.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

hmm with all this talk about the injectors I forgot to mention that they also put in plugs that are 2 levels colder and a Honda MAP sensor (either a 2 or 2.5 bar can't remember) cause the stock one would just freak out when it saw boost .
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have to disagree with Tom.... by the time you include the cost of the Bosch connectors and all the labor required to convert the electrical and fuel those injectors will end up costing you more than $500 for the set.

For that price you can get high end RC Engineering Injectors!!!!

The purpose of all this research was to find another commonly available (in the aftermarket) injector that is compatible with our system

As stated earlier .... the 2003-2005 Sunfire/Cavalier uses the same Delphi injector style and there is significant aftermarket support for that engine/vehicle in Canada/USA

As well..... the original Nubira fuel rail is very similar to the VXR fuel rail...... so you could get a Nubira fuel rail and use some of the more common injectors..... Mopar super 60 injectors, DSM injectors.... any of the universal ones.

I have a spare Fuel rail (Nubira/Leganza) if you need it..... I'd sell it for $20 plus shipping..... then you could use the more common high impedance "stubby" injectors.

I was willing to sell you a set if there was no alternative.... but now there is a very common and easy to get alternative... so I really don't want to sell them.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos