My 1.4 UK Lanos

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

norbie
Expert

My 1.4 UK Lanos

Post by norbie »

I did some work on it today so I thought I would take some pics :)

Just put on today - 15" Team Dynamic Alloys with new tyres :)

My Ebay ?10 Cone Filter with short PVC pipe to angle it into bottom section of stock airbox for cold air.
Resonator removed, there is just hole in bottom of airbox - may attach a cold air feed pipe in the future.

Hoping to get it lowered, strut bar, possible exhaust :)
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

probably a little late to say this, if you havnt already done it, but those metal clips around the stock air box can be removed. they simply un clip downwards and slide out.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

nice wheels, i like them nice car, keep her clean!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
racer95
Junior

Post by racer95 »

its really need to be lowered.
nice car ;)
-1.6L ohc kadett engine
-14"rims and tires
-custom type of Racer
-Boschmann sound system

Standard Motor Company
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Some updated pics after a good clean and some work done to it :)

1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
boosted_to_zero

Post by boosted_to_zero »

looks good dude keep it goin, stay fresh wit it
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

not too sure on your baked bean tin tbh mate and the wheels look a bit small.....

should pull the badges and stickers off and tint your tail lights next.... cheap and simple mods!
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

heh, I like it anyway :)

Not sure about de-badging or tinting..
www.norbie.co.uk
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

debadging is piss easy to do! just get some dental floss or fishing wire and a hair dryer... heat up the glue under the badge with the hair dryer and pull the dental floss behind it, it should then pull the badge off and leave very little residue behind, then just clean up the excess glue left on the boot with a bit of tar & bug remover!

tinting your lights, go to the scrappy, get a spare set, get a can of black spray paint, some 1500 wet&dry and key up the light and spray very light covering of paint over the light, once youre happy with the darkness then pop the lights in the oven on a low temperature for about 2-3 minutes which should be enough to bake the paint right onto the plastic of the lights and it shouldn't chip or flake off, then in a day or 2 get some good polish, i'd say meguiars gold glass and polish them up and they'll look mint!
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Upgraded to 16" wheels now, and clear side repeaters.

And removed standard badges so that I could my own one on 8)

www.norbie.co.uk
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ok so lets see those new wheels

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Same as old ones but bigger size.

Oh yeah and alarm, and remote central locking also been added.
www.norbie.co.uk
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i thought their is something wrong with your engine bay first time i saw it... seems too big for the engine for some reason, now i know why... you got no A/C and the brake booster is on the right side and thats why you got unusual empty spots compared to my engine bay.

good work on the car man... how is it handling with the bigger rims/tires? specially at the acceleration and braking departments?

how is the sound of the intake with PVCs? is it rattling or is it smooth? how much did this strut bar cost?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

I have changed the intake back to SRI as I preferred the sound and the filter got quite dirty in the wheelwell. I must try and attach a pipe from the front foglight upto the hole in the engine bay for the filter but I don't know how I would affix it. It sounds very nice, I have the filter resting in the bottom half of the airbox so it gets most of the air from below (colder).

The new wheels are ace! I had problems before with the car shaking at speed, I think one was buckled. These were bought second hand (no centre caps and a bit of kerbing unfortunately) but they look nicer in the arches and have improved top speed and handling. Haven't noticed any differences with braking.

Strut bar was from www.strutbar.co.uk and was around £60 GBP.
www.norbie.co.uk
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

if you have 195/40-16 tyres on then there should be the same wheel diaiter as with the 15's with a 195/45-15 tyre so won't effect performance, only your wallet when coming to buy new rubber but look far better!

don't like your rear wiper blade being silver/chrome... looks very naff but the wheels do look great and car looks smoother without the rest of those badges... one reason for your wheels shaking could be if you have no spiggot rings? but more then likely with 2nd hand wheels is that theyre bent... get down to ATS or where ever and ask to have the wheels rebalanced as the shaking will wear your tyres unevenly and could also cause you to crash.

oh... and btw... you need to update your signature... says 15inch alloys when you now got 16's! ;)