Tacho Problem

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

I think it has something to do with the different years of the Lanos, the 2000+ Lanos's seemed to work well with the diodes and the C3 and D10 wires, but the 1999 and under models didnt, which means there are wires which we need to suss out, because i dont think anyone on here has got a tacho working in a 1999 and under Lanos.
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

isnt the problem that the wire that has the tacho signal only has half of it (it will read 500 rmp instead of 1000)? if that is the problem then why not just get a tacho from a motorcycle? they are v twin (2 cylinder) engines, so a tacho from one should give you the correct signal

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Im not sure, id have to read more into it, but thanks, that might be a solution.....
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Hey

I have talked to both Chris and Timmy about this and yes its possible in pre 2000 Lanos's. Myself and my auto electrician worked countloss hours together to probe every single wire combination and basically in accordance with what timmy (ubuyau) has said we got it to work.We did however find these remarkable difference's from what i can rememeber off hand
1) The green and Brown wires were not correct on the early model lanos's.I'm pretty sure one might have been but can not rememeber.
2) As we followed the wiring digram im pretty sure the wires we got had to do with the crank angle sensor or one did to get the signal

I would love to tear apart all my wiring and tape to get into it,but sorry guys the car is for sale and i quiet frankly am too busy at work and with another car im trying to sell aswell.

My suggestion is probe all the wire combinations possible with the diodes untill you get it. It worked for me and if you guys dont belive iti can show ya my video.

Thanks and goodluck

PS: thanks to timmy (UBUYAU) for his solid help through out my troubles
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Hey da_woo I'm trying to set this up in my 1.3 Lanos too.

Were the positions of the wires exactly like Ubuyau said in his guide, C3 and D10 I think he said off the top of my head, or were the colours right but in a different place?

Any tips on getting a multimeter in there to read the signal, did you just stick your probes in the ECU plug whilst connected, rather than cutting up wires?

Much appreciated mate.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Hey Norbie...

The positions and colours wernt as what UBUYAU(timmy) said. i;m not exactly sure what colours or the positions are and at this point in time dont have the time nor wont to go hacking into the ecu and all the tapping involved.

WWhen we probed the wires we just probed the diode leg stright intothe wire using a pin hole, just as timmy suggested,Method worked great just make sure you get them the right way around.

Thanks Guys
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i still think useing a motorbike tacho would be a good idea

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

So Mike, with the wires, did u put the multimeter to test 20 volts and if so can you remember what reading u get from each tacho wire?