Oil Problem Now coolant problem

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

seabreeze

Oil Problem Now coolant problem

Post by seabreeze »

I dont think I like these cars less than 38000 and the problems seem to be piling up. Was about to take my car to the mechanic for the oil pressure problem, I stop at the atm then as im walking back to my car i see fluid pouring out from the bottom at first I was thinking shit dont tell me I didnt tighten the filter enough when I changed it yesterday. But as I got closer I saw it was coolant pouring out everywhere. This car seems like it has a closed loop system I dont even know where the coolant came from...
seabreeze

Post by seabreeze »

ha well it turns out that leak is from my heater core, so my heater core is leaking, my engine is knocking and my car needs a new oil pump says the mechanic and I just bought the car with 38000 miles sounds like i should cut my loses while I can! Seems like the leganza is nothing but oil problems from what I have read
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

seabreeze wrote:Seems like the leganza is nothing but oil problems from what I have read
and where exactly did you read that??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AE92 Rolla 4A-GTE

Post by AE92 Rolla 4A-GTE »

seabreeze - check out my post if you haven't already done so i beleive the leganza is nothing but oil problems too. http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7682
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

the nubira's engine is very similar to the 2.2 that most leggys have, maybe bad luck running into these problems... To ensure the coolant leaking doens't continue in the heater core, you could just bypass it like i did... It works great... just no heat for winter but i live in Arizona, and it make get cold, but i can just put on a jacket and be fine... so that doesn't affect me much, so if you live in a cold area, grab a heater core and replace it...
a woo that is a work in progress
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

AE92 Rolla 4A-GTE wrote:seabreeze - check out my post if you haven't already done so i beleive the leganza is nothing but oil problems too. http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7682
you are the first one to report such issue... and if you got problems with you car doesn't mean that it is "nothing but oil problems".

MMamdouh
AE92 Rolla 4A-GTE

MMamdouh - i may be the first one to report it on these forums, but i am not the first person to report it here in AUSTRALIA. Every place i phoned to try and find a good C20SED block for the car i am currently working on (Daewoo Leganza) said that it was a common problem and wished me luck on finding a block that didnt suffer from oil starvation. The problem is the C20's have an oil pickup less than the size of an aussie 50 cent piece. Whereas, my toyota with the turbo 4agze engine has an oil pickup of more than twice the size. This is where the C20's problem arises from. When daewoo first began they offered free servicing every 20,000 klms (rough estimate) this allowed sludge, crap, etc to build up over time in the bottom of the sump and hence block the oil pickup. Which is turn stopped the oil pump, and starved the engine of oil. Usually shooting conrod #1 through the block on the exhaust side. Correct me if i am wrong, but the oil pickup's seem to be the result of poor design and lack of consideration.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well the only "rod through the block" case on a leganza that i saw was due to hydro lock... so far i havent seen one here.

can't this pipe be upgraded? from your discription it seems a fairly easy thing to do. does ant daewoo engine suffer from the same issue?

MMamdouh
AE92 Rolla 4A-GTE

From what engine builders have told me it can be done. I am not sure what to do with it yet, waiting for the used block to arrive to start the reco process. Once i have increased the oil pickup size i will post up my findings.