Turn Signials no longer work

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Edman

Turn Signials no longer work

Post by Edman »

I have a 2000 Lanos, U.S model. The turn signals no longer work. I checked the switch at the steering colum, it seems fine. I guess I need to replace the flasher next, anyone know where I can get one???? My local parts says it's no longer offered.

Edman
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Checked all fuses I presume?

There are some pictures of the fusebox and diagrams here:
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 7037#67037

You could try a multimeter at the back of the hazard light switch to see if the power is coming through.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Also check that none of the multiplug connectors next to the fuse panel have come lose. Probably be easier to take off the kick panel to check. I had a few electrical problems and also no fuel gauge working and noticed one of the connectors next to the fuses was lose. Popped it back in place and everything was ok again.
mcewanslager2k2

Post by mcewanslager2k2 »

Check the hazard switch, if its not connected properly at the back then your indicators wont work.

Andy
Edman

Post by Edman »

I checked the hazard lights and they don't too! When I push the hazard button, I hear the flasher click! It only clicks once when I press the hazard button and the same thing happens when I flick the signal lever. So to me it sounds like the turn signal lever and hazard button are making contact. I found a guy who has a used one, but I can't pick it up for a week or two. I'll keep you guys updated, if it was the problem.

Edman
Edman

Problem fixed

Post by Edman »

It was the flasher! I bought a used for $11. All my turn lights work now!

Edman
lukea37

Post by lukea37 »

I am having this same issue. I have checked all fuses and are fine. What do you mean by the flasher? Where is this located?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

The flasher is like a relay. Approx 30mm cubic shape and located (on LHD car) under the dashboard in a bunch of other stuff and cables. Pretty hard to look at :smt013 . On a working unit you can finger feel the beat.

Daniel
lukea37

Post by lukea37 »

I replaced the flasher relay. Cost me $60AUS brand new genuine. I am still having this problem. What else could I look for. All Fuses and bulbs seem fine.
john_trickle
Expert

Post by john_trickle »

Use the old fashion way hand signals lol :)

John