307whp 'Woo! (well, kind of...)

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've heard a number of people complaining about recently installed SPEC clutches.... they only lasted a few weeks to a few months before becoming completly useless.... upon inspection the clutch material is all chewed up.

After seeing all these clutches come back over the last 6 months..... I wouldn't touch a SPEC clutch with a 10 foot pole.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

M I N I O N wrote:Is there any information that you could give me on the alternator and alternator brackets? Is this something that bolted to the C20get block or does it utilize the head bolts? Are there any cars in america I could find this on?
I'm trying to get my alternator out of the way to run charge pipes around there.
Awesome job so far.
The rear engine mount behind the water pump was not compatible with the Daewoo alt mounting, so I had to do some fabbing there. Of course the ps pump got ditched for the dist mounting. The a/c got ditched cause I wanted to. Why run pipes over by the alt? What intake are you using?
M I N I O N

Post by M I N I O N »

I'm using a custom intake manifold made by one of the guys that builds engines for john force. 8)
75mm throttle body and 3" charge piping. I'm trying to route my charge piping the shortest distance possible with as little bends as possible.
Thanks for the info on the alternator.
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

M I N I O N wrote:I'm using a custom intake manifold made by one of the guys that builds engines for john force. 8)
75mm throttle body and 3" charge piping. I'm trying to route my charge piping the shortest distance possible with as little bends as possible.
That sounds interesting, got any pictures?
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

jeff why not try an electrical ps pump?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
pontiacjeff

Post by pontiacjeff »

Efrain A. wrote:jeff why not try an electrical ps pump?
I considered that when I first did the DOHC converison. I looked at a couple electric hydraulic pumps that could have worked, but considered the cost to be more than the benefit. A rebuilt manual steering rack from a 82-90 Sunbird was only $99.00, so I went that route. The only mod necessary was needed b/c the manual rack had a slightly smaller input spline dia. than the power rack. Expecting to never find a manual steering Sunbird in any j'yard anymore, I used a small strip of .030" brass shim-stock, wrapped around the steering input shaft, to take up the slack. It worked perfect and has ever since.

Primarily used for drag-racing, the manual steering is just fine. The limited slip does make it difficult to steer at low speeds! And the short tires. And the small diameter steering wheel, too! (the stock manual steering cars used a huge 16" or 18" steering wheel)
M I N I O N

Post by M I N I O N »

pontiacjeff wrote:
M I N I O N wrote:I'm using a custom intake manifold made by one of the guys that builds engines for john force. 8)
That sounds interesting, got any pictures?

Nope! 8)
Been building this car since last september though. I have build progress threads all over JBO, HMT, cardomain and this forum.
The new intake manifold got started about a weej ago for me so I haven't even seen it yet.