Why all the vibration?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blumerd

Why all the vibration?

Post by blumerd »

Hey (and thanks for opening),
I have 99 Leganza and for a while now I've been experiencing alot of vibration, especially at high speeds. Most of the time the vibration occurs at high speeds, and this is pretty much all the time. (It sounds kinda like a helicopter inside, and the wheel shakes.) Sometimes it will vibrate louder and longer at lower speeds, but this is only sometimes. I was wondering what it might be, or if someone else has experienced something like this? Do you think it is the allignment? Because at lower speeds it does not happen, and the engine seems to be fine then? Or do you think it could be the engine? Please help. Because Daewoo's are extinct I don't want to waste a lot of money putting it into a shop where they could misdiagnose. Thanks a lot.
skippy
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Sound like the wheels might be out of balance.

Get them balanced at a local tyre shop - its cheap to do. It's possible one of the wheels has lost a balance weight...

--Tim
blumerd

Post by blumerd »

I've checked the tires for pressure, and they are all about the same. Would wheel balance be different than tire pressure? (sorry if dumb question)
skippy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

its making sure that the wheels weigh the same all the way around their self. it sounds to melike it could be tie-rod ends or possably ball joints. where are you from?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

daewoomofo wrote:its making sure that the wheels weigh the same all the way around their self. it sounds to melike it could be tie-rod ends or possably ball joints. where are you from?
Worn tie rods wont vibrate so much. They'll make the steering progressively feel sloppy and bouncy...

You've checked the air pressure, so that's a good start. Try the balance now, there are sticky weights the tyre shop will put on your wheels to balance them.

To save you from having to whack "wheel balance" into Google...
http://www.familycar.com/CarCare/AlignmentBalance.htm

--Tim
Damic

Post by Damic »

I had similar problem with stock tyres on my Lanos 1,5, after 43Kkm ( about 27k miles). Balancing did not helped, simply the side of tyres lost the strenght. The remedy was a new set of tyres.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

After you check your balance on the tires you if it is still doing it you must check/change the wheel bearings
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is recommended to replace your tires every 40,000 kms.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Hi man, i had the same prob, i reduced the problem significantly by getting new tie rods put in and getting a wheel balance, but i also have some internal steering gear wear, so i still have a little vibration, but i recommend you get a 28 point safety check done at your local suspension/steering joint to see if the tie rods need replacing at all, it may be something else, worth a look into.
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

hmmm from my experiances sounds like balance issues.. But if the tires have been run too far with that problem, you'll need new tires before it fixes anything... my family's camry did the same thing till we replaced the tires... even after doing balancing and everything...
a woo that is a work in progress