How to remove revs limiter?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i find it very hard to beleve that a 1350 CC engine can push the woo up to 185 km/h... not to mention in 4th gear.

i got a 86HP 1.5 SOHC under the hood and the users manual says it tops 172 km/h and 0 -100 in 12.5 seconds... now that makes 185 on a 1.3 SOHC very hard to achive... the only woo that topped 180 km/h in 4th was Zikas' 2.0 DOHC Nubira.

i am not saying you are making false clames, maybe yor speedo is off or so... at some point of time we were 3 1.5 Lanoses going on a road at the same speed... two cars were reading 160 km/h and the third was reading 170 km/h, we tested that car again with mine and i was going 80 km/h and the other was reading 90 km/h when we were going side to side.

the "too fast" car is a '05 lanos so it is brand new yet it has a problem... needles to say this car will semingly hit 100 in lower time than all other woos and give false feel of a fast car.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

maybe the speedo is wrong... but maybe it isnt.
i've read the user manual (and other tech specs sources) that claim that the 1.3 sohc lanos can only do 103 mph... with a 0-60 time of 14.9 - 15.2 seconds
but i've done a 0-60 sprint in under 13 secs (i'm sure this has also been discussed)...
103 mph? i can keep up with my friend in his 1.4 (90 bhp) VW Golf up to the speed of 115 mph (where mine tops out and then he slowly proceeds to a top speed of 120 mph.
my 1349cc lanos (weighing 1050 kgs, 74 bhp) outruns the 1398cc Saxo Furio (weighing 860kgs, 75 bhp)

i don't mean to offend, but do you really expect a company like Daewoo to carry out extensive research on how "race-able" their cars are? or even what their cars are truely capable of? some Daewoo's (like most other Korean cars) were initially ment to be economy cars or small (and affordable) family cars... so extensive research is pointless.

not sure where i'm goin with this (again)... but never believe everything you see in writing. For example, don't always believe what you read in medical books... you may die of a mis-print.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i just find it so strange that your car pulls out such numbers whereas my car - or should i say a 1.5 SOHC lanos - which is almost the same weight and have 12HP more that yours doesn't do better than this... other 1.5 SOHC owners said it can do 0-100 in 13 not 12.5 so that makes your timestoo impressive.

don't get me wrong... i am not accusing you of beeing a liar, i just need to know the secret here.

i also didn't get the "daewoo research bit"... do you mean that lack of perfomace research led to the fact that a smaller cc car can do better than the bigger cc one?

MMamdouh
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

it could be that his woo is just newer than yurs so it could have upgaded specs on the 1.4l engine to give it more torque than what it had in the past.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
raitz87
Junior

Post by raitz87 »

whel, i hit around 160km/h speedlimiter witha 4th gear ... tested speccially today and it just wont go past 185km/h. tried tyers 175/xx R14 still not going:S dont know what to do. i have only dash and my seat in :S
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

by extensive research, i meant that Daewoo/GM never carried out the proper tests to see how fast the car actually goes (as it was never ment for racing -until now)
and they possibly only calculated the top speeds etc. using some given formulae that depends on an engine size and its power.

something similar to this problem is figuring out how big the fuel tank actually is. every one has had problems thinking why they cann only fill up about 36 litres from empty when the manual says it has a 48 litre tank.

My personal theory or idea about how this happened is due to a miscommunication between all the companies who supplied the parts for the cars. If you've done ur research, u'll know that the Lanos is not purely Korean(/Daewoo-ean lol ). the engines are manufactured in Australia. the chassis etc is from Germany, some of the parts are British. and Now their owned by GM an american company. and to add to that, the lanos's shape was designed by an italian car designer. maybe somewhere evryone added a little more spice to make the car more than what was initially expected.

u never know.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

funny you mentioned the fuel tank issue... lots of friends got that as well as me but the other way arround.

we think the woo got a fuel tank bigget than 48 liters... i have managed to put 43 and 44 liters at some point of time with the fuel warning light off... again as per the manual the light should come on when their is less than 6 liters of fuel in the tank so pracitaqlly you can't put more than 42 liters if the light was not lit.

i did put 46 and 49 liters in the tank on two occasions when the light was on... i am sure the tank capacity is not correctly stated.... i also has a friend that puts 20 liters of fuel and that sends his gauge needle from almost empty to 3/4 full... again the uniformity of the gauge is surly off.

MMamdouh
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

since this has gone completely off-topic from what raitz87 initially posted, i'll be starting a new thread in the "Members' Cars Specs" called: "Tech spec showroom"
feel free to post your tech specs.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i wanted to split the post indeed but the funcution is currently not working

MMamdouh