Lowering car

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Can anybody recomend some good replacement shocks and struts ?? I am also going to lower my Lanos HB 1.6"
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

had a little play around on photoshop & photoplus with my car and dropping the suspension...

the image on the left is the normal height, and the one on the right is it with the suspension dropped about 2 inches. would 2 inches be too much to drop it?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

can anyone help with telling me how to go about lowering the stock suspension on a Lanos? would it be the kinda thing i could spend my sunday doing? or would i need to take it to an auto-shop to let the "pros" do it?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I don't believe our stock suspension is adjustable. You would need to put a custom suspension system in it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

get lowering springs, don't cut the OEM ones.

it depends on how good you are with mechanics and what kind of tools you got in you garage, check the how to section for the front springs/shocks job to get an idea about what kinda work is required.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Bump
Slammed wrote:Can anybody recomend some good replacement shocks and struts ?? I am also going to lower my Lanos HB 1.6"
mcewanslager2k2

Post by mcewanslager2k2 »

Im another one whos been looking to lower my lanos 1.4. If Mr. GSI turbo your right about the suspension from a Mk2 astra fit and the ream disc beam does, I might aswell fit them and the 1.8/2.0 engine from the astra to my lanos. With job wise to Rodd1s im only a lifeguard at present for David Lloyd Health club its crap money but easy job and brings in the pennies to kit up me Woo!.
I have a strutbrace from strutbracer.co.uk and i did notice an improvement in chassis roll and flex once i had fitted it. Basically it holds the front end more solid, so when you go round corners say 30mph or more, normally the car will tilt, but with a strutbrace it holds it solid and you can go round the corner with ease. Oh and it reduces uneven tyre wear. Well worth getting.

Andy
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Can someone confirm 100% which model Vauxhall Astra's lowering kit will fit the Lanos please.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

mk2 GTE's
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Would any of these fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sports-suspension ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-MK ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra-mk ... dZViewItem

The last one is the only one that says GTE, does it have to be Mk2 GTE?

Thanks for your help.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Bump, do they have to be for Mk2 GTE, or will any MK2 kit fit?

Thanks.
www.norbie.co.uk