nice pics

tell me about turbo clearance with the SR20 manifold

i think i will use it
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

good one on the injectors :lol: i wish they were thay easy to make them 40lbs. the stock injectors looks like the 40lbs. so as not to mix them up, i labeled them. as for the clearence of the turbo with the sr20 mani, to will need to have the turbo flange on the mani pointing the turbo out 15 - 25 degree from the block so that the turbo and downpipe clears the power steering and the dipstick tube.

notice the angle where the turbo meets the manifold?

the intake is almost touching the power steering mount. you can't even connect a flexible tube there to continue the intake( ac lines will be in the way). you only have about 3in of space there between the flat part of the turbo( the bend on the turbo is removeable) and the power steering mount. what i did is cut the bend at the flange and welded a short piece of straight tubing and used a 90 coupler bend. then heat wrap to prevent the aluminum tubing from exhaust heat.

Hence this:

feel free to ask questions cause of thinks like this i missed out in the mani making procedure.
got drift?
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

how are the radiators fan worcking ?

the e-manage tunning ? timing control ?

why didnt u put the turbo the other side so that the intake can be locate in the battery space and relocate the battery in the trunk?
c02one

Post by c02one »

what compressor and turbine are u using
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Nubira2.2 wrote: why didnt u put the turbo the other side so that the intake can be locate in the battery space and relocate the battery in the trunk?
we did just that on the 2.0 nubira and we didn't ewven had to relocate the battry.

the problem is that the new turbo got bigger exhaust guids that hit the A/C compressor so Debo's setup seems temting to us now... will give it a try.

hey debo... regarding the injectors: doesn't the stock ones have red colar? i see the 40 lb ones got black colar so the differentiation would have been easy already... right?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no oil cooler?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

Nubira2.2 wrote:how are the radiators fan worcking ?

the e-manage tunning ? timing control ?

why didnt u put the turbo the other side so that the intake can be locate in the battery space and relocate the battery in the trunk?
i bought a flat fan from autozone. it works with a relay at the left end of the radiator in the pic. ;)

the emanage is not hooked up yet, hopefully i can do that today. as for timing control, i dont know yet. i might get the ignition timing harness for the emanage later.

as for the turbo position, facing the turbo the other way would require the angle of the turbo from the block to be larger so as to clear the tranny slave cylinder. also, to prevent heat from the commpressor side. my first setup was like that.
got drift?
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

c02one wrote:what compressor and turbine are u using
T3/T3
Compresssor: A/R 60
Trim: ? stock merkur turbo(manual)
Turbine: A/R 48
Trim: ? stock merkur turbo(manual)
got drift?
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

MMamdouh wrote:
Nubira2.2 wrote: why didnt u put the turbo the other side so that the intake can be locate in the battery space and relocate the battery in the trunk?
we did just that on the 2.0 nubira and we didn't ewven had to relocate the battry.

the problem is that the new turbo got bigger exhaust guids that hit the A/C compressor so Debo's setup seems temting to us now... will give it a try.

hey debo... regarding the injectors: doesn't the stock ones have red colar? i see the 40 lb ones got black colar so the differentiation would have been easy already... right?

MMamdouh
Yea, i noticed that later when i put the stock back in to start the car. :lol:
as for the oil cooler, i need one bad. dont know where to find the oil sandwich for a good price. without one on my last setup, the oil filter bubbled up. :?
got drift?
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

got drift?
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

any updates ?

i have a q?

from were did u got the oil feed line for the turbo?

what size of fitting ?

i know there is a tiny allen screw near the oil filter

does it run oil with pressure ?
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Its 14X1.5mm fitting - I have some custom made if you are interested. PM me :)

Post by debo890 »

yes, from the plug is where i got my oil feed from. there are actualy two plugs. one facing down and one facing stright. either can be used but the screw will be a pain to take out(sometimes).
got drift?
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

yes, it been long since i posted here. well the wait is almost over. school, and a little mishap has been in the way. i bent all 8 intake valve due to an inproper timing setting after i tryed to retorque the head due to oil water mix. found out that the gasket i drilled was the problem( also, could be that my engine overheated once. that spoils gaskets). also, the mls gasket was for the c20xe not the c20xev or x20xev. there is a slight difference in the gasket. the c20xe is missing a oil drain hole the the xev has. the xe gasket blocks three oil return holes inbetween the cylinders. so you only have oil return at the end of the block(two big holes at the end). new gasket order from cometic for the xev is on now and there is now problem now. $300 later she is back on the road. sneek peek of test drive: picture this, in first gear, drove to 3000 rpm( no boost), shifted to 2nd, dump clutch, chipped the wheels with no boost. cant go into boost yet, my tunner is still hideing from me. he has the harness to the emanage. :cry: . just wired up the msd driver box to plug into the stock ingniton harness wiring. just left to wire the msd to the driver box, then plug it in. well, that might be a little while cause finals are here(busy,busy,busy). more update
ps: i love the sound of the bov when i release the pedal at 0 psi of boost at 3000 rpm. bov is on lowest setting(slights vacume will open it).
Here is the part number for the xev gasket from cometic: H2556SP1051S.
got drift?
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

thats bad
i have problems with head gasket too
alos i have a the top tranny mount broken
and CEL poitong TPS problems

the good side only waiting for my manifold to be finished
then start to mount everything