air bag light??

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

air bag light??

Post by DomWoo »

i was checking my fuses and the air bag light happened to come on and stay on, any one know why??? and how to fix it??
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

removed the dumb blonde from the car... LOL j/k

There was a recall on the Lanos air bags sometime last year, check to see if this recall has been fixed on your car. Other than that remove the positive battery cable for 30 seconds and reattach it. If it comes back on then you have a problem. Otherwise it's just a glitch.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i did that once and it came back on, i was going to try it again but havnt had the time
RideTheMountains

Air Bag Light

Post by RideTheMountains »

Chances are if youve already taken off the battery cable and it still comes on youve most likely got an problem with the obd computer. The only way to get lights like the airbag light or the check engine light for example off is to reset them with an obd reader. Most auto shops have these and will probably do it for you for a small fe if not free. but while your at it have them check your car with the obd reader and see if theres anything else you should be looking out for.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

let me geus you helped someone out whit a flat battery and didnt unhook you battery on your car?... if so your airbag comp is prolly busted and needs to be replaced.... and they aint cheap
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

Wolf-Spirit wrote:let me geus you helped someone out whit a flat battery and didnt unhook you battery on your car?... if so your airbag comp is prolly busted and needs to be replaced.... and they aint cheap
So your saying that if you jumpstart another car with your car running you can toast the Air bag/ECM/ABS or any other computer? :oops:
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

indeed... cars these days are dangerous to jumpstart tbh.. i ALWAYS unhook my battery for car before i help someone out.

we have had alot of airbag ecu's broken this way.

Also never use those so called powerboosters to start you car 60% its dead after that