my very top secret project

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sim0ng

my very top secret project

Post by sim0ng »

its just so top secret I can't keep it to myself for very much longer! :lol:

I've been having fun with my mk2 astra sri.... have torn the engine out of it and now having a lot of fun pratting about with it before it goes into the corsa.... am on the look out for a new mini cooper s in the scrappy to tare the supercharger out of but am unsure on where exactly to mount it as my engine bay is so small the radiator is in the way of a descent mounting place but I think the garrett t3 turbo should be good enough for now

and today it was such a loveley day I decided to do a bit more painting but sat outside the unit as it was a bit too hot and stuffey in there... i think I may repaint the pulley in black instead of white as it doesnt look quite right but hopefully should fit in a bit more when I get a new cambelt cover.

also....

ImageImage
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

looks like it is going good so far
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

I have some other rather cool photos too of a few other alterations to the car and the turbo.... but theyre far too top secret! lmao
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I can get you the C20GET aftermarket pistons... 8:1 compression.....

Post by sim0ng »

thats cool.... but canada is a bit far away and also... will 2 litre 16 valve pistons go in a 1.8 litre 8 valve engine?!
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

welli am sure that u won't mind me seing the pics
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

did you like them?! ;)
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

oohhh yeah! i like
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

good good.... but I'll be dropping the turbo charger as I'm after a set of twin carbs as I cannot be botherd with piss arseing about with the wireing loom for the injectors and running the carbs I wont get the right kind of compression to run the turbo with unless I can get the carbs sealed properly which could mean an enclosed single air intake which would need to be custom made and I would also have to ditch the trumpits off the carbs.... will look into it a little more though but I dont think that it'd be too reliable running a turbo charged charbed engine
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

sim0ng wrote:good good.... but I'll be dropping the turbo charger as I'm after a set of twin carbs as I cannot be botherd with piss arseing about with the wireing loom for the injectors and running the carbs I wont get the right kind of compression to run the turbo with unless I can get the carbs sealed properly which could mean an enclosed single air intake which would need to be custom made and I would also have to ditch the trumpits off the carbs.... will look into it a little more though but I dont think that it'd be too reliable running a turbo charged charbed engine
unless you either get the carbs boost referenced, or get tricky and run a draw through setup
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

We never got the Corsa Hatch with 4 doors here is SA. !!!!

Car looks clean, could use 17's though.

Must stick a pic of my mates GSi with his 17" TSW Razors.
Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

I got 2 sets of wheels, the 15inch tsw razors and 17 inch oz polaris... the polaris need 2 new tyres and also cause the steering to be far too heavy as I have no power steering so am on the look out for some but in 15 or 16 inch, am not overly keen on 17's as they drain your power
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

I had a bit of an accident.... and I've started doing something else....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
wolfhound
Junior

Post by wolfhound »

Thought I would show you some pics of my mate Mike's Corsa GSI (1.6 SOHC)
std came with a 74kw motor (at the fly) 100 bhp, but a branch, freeflow, filter and Unichip got it to 74kW at the wheels with extra 25 horses from the wet NOS kit.

Sean - South Africa

Séan Brennan
1600 DOHC 16v
Turbo TD04
Wiseco Pistons
ex - 17" TSW Freeze
Yokohama Parado 205/40s
NOW = 18" TSW Terra's
Pirelli 215/35 P Zero Nero tyres
sim0ng

Post by sim0ng »

looks very nice mate! should pull off those bump strips though and colour code the door handels maybe? also shouldn't be running subs with 6x9's or not tyhat close anyway and if you are to should enclose the 6x9's as they'll battle for the air from the subs and work against each other distorting the music and making it sound poo!

anyway, a bit of a update.... lanowoo already knows about it but I thought I would share with the rest of you

am just needing some drive shafts and to tidy up the wiring and then it should be going! is running a piper 285 ultimate road cam and a venier top pulley, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold with a pretty much straight through exhaust system... has a removable cat so I can put it back in come mot time and also have a cherrybomb in the centre section and a peco bb4 backbox... just needing a pair of cavalier 82-88 inner cv's with a 28pin spline and it should be good!

Am also working on customising the bodykit even further... am making custom wide arches which you can see in this pic

and have also reflocked parts of the dash

just can't wait to have it all done now!