Fast and the furious: Tokio Drift

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mocpac

Fast and the furious: Tokio Drift

Post by mocpac »

Any one see the movie?

Is awesome the best movie of the serie. :smt023 Less police stuff, more races, and cars. The only bad thing if the serie, is that always put the street racing world ("la fiebre" as we call it here), toggeter with the crime world :evil:
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

So it was good???

I wasn't going to see third one.... I hated the second movie.... it was so fake it made me want to walk out of the theater.

I liked the first one.... Vin Diesel was great.... I loved the combination of crime, women and fast cars (even if the cars are lemons in real life)
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
43som

Post by 43som »

I liked it. i'd go see it again, obvioulsy it's goto to be taken into account that it is a movie, and takes you out of reality for a short time.
to mix the car world with the crime world? there is such a thing. within certain car scenes, there is deep ties within, crime sindicates....you just don't wish to dig deep enough.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

well I just found a couple a weeks ago that here there is a street racer place for just over +50k cars (bmw, mercedes, maceratis, porche, etc etc)...

One thing about the movies, all the drifts and races was real. Even the part of the ramo, they just remove some sparks made with the bumper...
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

43som wrote:I liked it. i'd go see it again, obvioulsy it's goto to be taken into account that it is a movie, and takes you out of reality for a short time.
to mix the car world with the crime world? there is such a thing. within certain car scenes, there is deep ties within, crime sindicates....you just don't wish to dig deep enough.
I know it's a "movie" but I still wish they were a little more realistic in their approach to vehicle tuning..... it really wouldn't take much to make it more realistic and slightly less "flashy"

I don't know about you guys.... but I just had to laugh at some of the stuff that happens in these movies..... the sad thing is that some people think it's real.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
43som wrote:I liked it. i'd go see it again, obvioulsy it's goto to be taken into account that it is a movie, and takes you out of reality for a short time.
I know it's a "movie" but I still wish they were a little more realistic in their approach to vehicle tuning..... it really wouldn't take much to make it more realistic and slightly less "flashy"

I don't know about you guys.... but I just had to laugh at some of the stuff that happens in these movies..... the sad thing is that some people think it's real.
x2. Thats the crowd they go for too, the young kids with ricer out cars that no nothing of tunning. I still try to enjoy the movies, I usually just pay attention to the girls and the hot cars.

I hated how when the first movie came out the price of supras went way up though.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:.... the sad thing is that some people think it's real.
Daew0Leganza :D

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

MMamdouh wrote:
chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:.... the sad thing is that some people think it's real.
Daew0Leganza :D

MMamdouh

thats where he learned all about tuneing... remember!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

yeah and see how genius he turned out to be ;)

MMamdouh
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

We went to see Tokyo Drift ( Tom, myself and our friend Kari ) when the local drifting competition got cancelled due to an IHRA drag racing event.

It was great.... I would not have considered going to that movie if it weren't for you Mocpac.... I actually think it was better than the first one.

If only they had deleted the last minute or two of the movie.... it would have been nearly perfect.

There seemed to be practically zero CGI.... just a couple small pieces here and there.

Anyways... gotta go.... good movie.... worth the money
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
boosted_to_zero

Post by boosted_to_zero »

What he has said there is true, i have noticed it, we both know each other and know the car scene around the area we live, some of the car scenes around are linked with crime syndicates, not all but a few.

I have noticed it my self, and have actually experienced it my self and didnt like it so i layed low for quite a while n rarely go out anymore

This is a serious post
dog

Post by dog »

I just don't know. Alot of the driving was real but the stuff that was fake was realy fake, but its a movie. Might have been better if I saw it in the theater. The "ballet" scene where he is riding with the girl and they are in a group of like 5 cars drifting down the montain and its so quiet and peaceful in the car and they are chatting like they are having coffee, come on where is the tire squealing and the car shaking from the friction. Not to mention ol boy in the passenger seat holding on and praying.
They did add a touch of reality every body that raced crashed at some point in the movie.

Entertaining, a 90 minute lovefest with hot jap cars. The plot was not as solid as the first movie.

The torrent I downloaded cut off right when it showed you know whos face right in the end(trying not to ruin the movie) so did it show them race or was that where the credits roll.
04 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 with dreams of 325 hp per liter.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

dog wrote:The torrent I downloaded cut off right when it showed you know whos face right in the end(trying not to ruin the movie) so did it show them race or was that where the credits roll.
same thing happened to me... a friend told me that it was the "the credits roll" end :roll:

also the staring dude with the "everlasting smile" is no match to Paul Walker... the funny thing is the jap girl called Nila... in arabic thats mud/dirt combo.

MMamdouh
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah after you see whats his face thats the end. i think they shoulda showed that race. but i loved the movie. it was way way waaaayyy better than the first two race wise. and the first one did have the best story line. now bow wows torano was a joke. well it was nice but the hulk? plus the fists all popping out like that?!?!? i thought it was a good concept but gay at the same time. and i don't know about ya'll but if i was the owner of that yellow car that got hit in the first drift race i woulda ended the movie right there by killing him. :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

the silvia? I cry in every hit. or you mean the one park who get hit?
ImageImage