Daewootech.com in Total Vauxhall Magazine

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Daewootech.com in Total Vauxhall Magazine

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:D I had an article published in this months edition of Total Vauxhall Magazine.... which is a UK magazine completely focused on performance Vauxhalls.

I have the page scanned in but I can't upload the pictures due to some sort of error.

Needless to say the content of the letter was in response to an earlier comment on the Chevrolet Lacetti in their February edition.

Basicly someone suggested that they consider including the Lacetti but the response was that it's a Vauxhall magazine.

So.... I wrote them a letter all about how Daewoo's and Vauxhall's share power train and even the chassis in the case of a Lanos.

Once things get sorted out with the uploading of pictures I will throw them on here for everyone to see.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

sweet!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Slammed
Expert

Re: Daewootech.com in Total Vauxhall Magazine

Post by Slammed »

I am not sure why you guys all keep missing the upload a image link at the bottom of your post ???
chris@PrecisionBoost wrote::D I had an article published in this months edition of Total Vauxhall Magazine.... which is a UK magazine completely focused on performance Vauxhalls.

I have the page scanned in but I can't upload the pictures due to some sort of error.

Needless to say the content of the letter was in response to an earlier comment on the Chevrolet Lacetti in their February edition.

Basicly someone suggested that they consider including the Lacetti but the response was that it's a Vauxhall magazine.

So.... I wrote them a letter all about how Daewoo's and Vauxhall's share power train and even the chassis in the case of a Lanos.

Once things get sorted out with the uploading of pictures I will throw them on here for everyone to see.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I allways upload to the Album or my webspace on the daewootech server.... but the album gives and error upon uploading and I can't seem to access my webspace via FTP (possibly wrong password...Efrain changed it a couple of times )

I've never used the "Add image to post" link.... frankly.... I never noticed it before now..... thanks for mentioning it.

I hope they don't mind me posting this here.... after all.... It might encourage people to subscribe to their magazine.
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The general response to my letter wasn't exactly positive ( Lanos sounds a bit too much like 'Anus' for our liking )

But...... here is the part that I find cool "Send us some pics of your fast ones though, and we'll hang them in the Vaux-Hall of Fame"

Basicly they are sorta saying they don't think much of Daewoo's but they will put them in their magazine if someone has a fast one.

To me this is a victory.... having a performance Vauxhall magazine that will consider posting Daewoo vehicles in their "only Vauxhall's allowed" magazine will get us some attension from the UK/Europe performance part suppliers.

Who knows... perhaps some of them are allready digging around Daewootech.com to see what everyone is up to.

My personal vote is that Kinky's car be sent in once it gets the turbo install.... my cars aren't exactly ready yet.... I might send in pictures of my Lemans (aka Astra MKII) with the C20GET since it would be very unique for them (as they do not have the C20GET in the UK/Europe )

By the way.... their website is http://www.totalvauxhall.co.uk

It's a great magazine.... Tom got me a year's subscription as a Christmas present..... for overseas subscriptions call +44 1858 438794
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Nice reading

I too was a little peaved at his comment about anus

I also agree we need to send him some nice cars I think we should start a new thread with a poll on whose car should be sent
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

dude!!!!! you better send them pics when your done with "your" lanos 2.0l turbo. and if it goes through to the mags i want a copy. (and you can always mention my name too) ;) great news man. but i just realized that the letter didn't mention daewootech.com what up with that chris? j/k just givin ya a hard time.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

That means you didnt read it all because he does mention it towards the last paragraph
lanos2001 wrote:dude!!!!! you better send them pics when your done with "your" lanos 2.0l turbo. and if it goes through to the mags i want a copy. (and you can always mention my name too) ;) great news man. but i just realized that the letter didn't mention daewootech.com what up with that chris? j/k just givin ya a hard time.

nick
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

lanos2001 wrote:dude!!!!! you better send them pics when your done with "your" lanos 2.0l turbo. and if it goes through to the mags i want a copy. (and you can always mention my name too) ;) great news man. but i just realized that the letter didn't mention daewootech.com what up with that chris? j/k just givin ya a hard time.
nick
You bet Nick.... I'm still planning for 600whp to 800whp so it's very likely that it will end up in a few car magazines.

And yes... of course I mentioned Daewootech.com..... I did so in hopes that some of the UK guys (including suppliers) would pay a little attension to this untapped market.... given they have shite loads of parts and we have practically zero it's an oportunity for our forum to be noticed by all kinds of UK and European companies.

I mentioned the C20GET many times because the UK/Europe guys don't have them.... and there are lots of guys over there interested in converting their 8V engines over to a turbo engine.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

you know i did read the article but never did see it. :lol: shows how big my attention span is.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
My personal vote is that Kinky's car be sent in once it gets the turbo install.... my cars aren't exactly ready yet.... I might send in pictures of my Lemans (aka Astra MKII) with the C20GET since it would be very unique for them (as they do not have the C20GET in the UK/Europe )
My cars getting the kw suspension tuned right now and I'm hoping to have the turbo on within a few weeks. By the looks of the magazine they would like some track photos, my next event (unless i run one in cali sooner) is september and I can get photos then too. How soon do you want pictures by?

Its cool to see our cars talked about in any magazine really, even if its not very good. If we send in pictures of our best looking and most performance tuned cars they may realize theres more of a market than they had thought.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

That was my goal in the first place..... if we can persuade a few guys on the other side of the pond that the Lacetti/Nubira are decent vehicles to work with then we might see a few more UK/Europeans on our board.

As far as I'm concerned the more members the better....... be it Daewoo, Chevrolet, Suzuki, Vauxhall, Holden, Opel, Buick,ZAZ or what ever else is related to our cars.

Any pictures on the track would be cool.... I can even give you the info of where to send your pictures.

I do think we should try and put the best examples out there first so that they don't cut them down immediatly.

I wish Tom's car was up and running.... it looks like it may be a few months before his engine is finished being put together by his favorite high performance engine building shop.

My C20GET lemans is up and running..... Tom and I finished the brake system yesterday and I took if for a rip outside my shop.

It needs a paintjob in a really bad way.... although all the panels are red.... each one has a slightly different color as parts have come from multiple donor chassis.

I could do one hell of a smoke show..... the tires are nearly bald allready :smt023
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Well I found these along time ago if they would help

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Slammed wrote:Well I found these along time ago if they would help

Awesome.

I cant help to noitce the wheels, volk TE37s on the last lanos. Man those things are at least $450 each... although in Korea they're probably cheaper.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The car should be a member's car..... as we need some info and specifications on the car.... although these are interesting pictures I don't think they are what Total Vauxhall is looking for.

The Vaux-Hall of Fame is a page or two of readers rides.... showing off crazy modifications and sometimes just simply unique things that readers have done to their Vauxhall cars.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos