Very large problem that has depressed me for weeks.

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

Very large problem that has depressed me for weeks.

Post by daewhorider »

On my way to finals i was driving lke a dumbass. I had the music up and my frind in front of me started swerving i did too but i ripped the wheel left then right then left and my car skidded into a curb, i though i destroyed the frint end b/c of the guardrail but i didnt anyway im dont with testing(i couldnt even concentrate) i was goin nuts and on my break i went to check on the car and it looked fine except for the chunk of rubber missing and the rim getting scratched. I didnt really even care but when im driving home i notice the wheel is to the right and if i let go the car pulls right. I didnt even know what to do with myself. So i took it to my uncle and he rebalanced and rotated the wheels and told me to have an alignment done. i try aligning it at 2 different places and both said they couldnt push it more then 0.6 when its supposed to be at 1.0. this is the toe alignment of course. its been a few weeks and now i can see the rubber on my front tire wearing abnormally and my gas milege has gone worse and worse. All i wanna know is what should i do? what could have bent the tie rod, the strut, what? both places tols me i need to start replacing suspension parts which are like 200$ for a tie rod setup from daewoous.com. Any help appreciated.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Go to www.JunkyardDog.com and inquire about that assembly. I picked up a lower control arm and ball joint for $50 shipped to my door through there. It's been mounted for a while and works perfectly. :)
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

JohnnyC wrote:Go to www.JunkyardDog.com and inquire about that assembly. I picked up a lower control arm and ball joint for $50 shipped to my door through there. It's been mounted for a while and works perfectly. :)
Thank you for all your help man. Before i move further with all the stuff i want to do with my car i ahve to replace this crap for a dumb ass mistake i made. Hope all goes well.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

also check for a pontiac lemans 89+ on junkyards, suspension parts are interchangable
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i got both tie rods and balljoints for like $100 at a local import shop, where are you from?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

daewoomofo wrote:i got both tie rods and balljoints for like $100 at a local import shop, where are you from?
Illinois. ill check on that lemans.
daewhorider
Junior

Finally it works.

Post by daewhorider »

Yup i finally fixed my suspension i had bent a ball joint outta whack then had it replaced and today i had it realigned and finally the wheel sits straight. WOO! unfortunately i am broke and out of gas and cannot drive anywhere :(
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
lanowoo
Expert

Re: Finally it works.

Post by lanowoo »

daewhorider wrote: unfortunately i am broke and out of gas and cannot drive anywhere :(
i know what that feels like. :cry:
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
daewoomofo

Re: Finally it works.

Post by daewoomofo »

lanowoo wrote:
daewhorider wrote: unfortunately i am broke and out of gas and cannot drive anywhere :(
i know what that feels like. :cry:

is that what you were trying to say???

lol, jk :smt075

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!