Lanos Speaker Replacement

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the window crank does hit the speaker cover, im gonna take the cranks off and grind a lil bit off the back side so they will clear

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
naznomad
Junior

Factory Speakers

Post by naznomad »

Here's my 6.5 in the door (Along with the shortened (unfinished) window handle )

Now I think i am going to replace the rears also,and just have a 5 channel setup instead of 3.Anyone know what can be fitted in the rear in place of the stock ones,or is there absolutely no way to get anything bigger in there ?
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

Here's how i shortened the handles :

Cut the centre section out

Drill holes right through the length of each part

insert steel rods through the holes to act as a brace.These steel rods can be bought at Home Depot for a couple of bucks each.I think they are 1/8" thick.Get them on the aisle that they have screws,nuts,bolts,chain,rope etc

Fill in the areas where the steel rods meet the plastic with epoxy resin and allow to harden.
Don't bother just trying to use super glue or epoxy resin on its own,it will fall apart as soon as you turn the handle to wind up the window . I know this becasue i did that first before the steel rod idea :lol:
Last edited by naznomad on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i squezed 6x9's in there, with alot of cutting, but they will be coming out soon, im gonna put 5 1/4 splits in the rear doors

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

daewoomofo wrote:i squezed 6x9's in there, with alot of cutting, but they will be coming out soon, im gonna put 5 1/4 splits in the rear doors
But yours is a sedan though right? Mine's a hatchback,so maybe the space in there would be different shape/size. .
Do the rear speakers sit in those plastic adaptor things like the ones in the front doors ?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

in the sedans they sit on the rear shelf (like yours do) you could easly cut it to fit what ever you want to put in ther. i actually saw a hatch somewhere online that had the 6x9's in the side pannels, so you have many options

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

daewoomofo wrote:i actually saw a hatch somewhere online that had the 6x9's in the side pannels, so you have many options
In the side panels in the hatch area itself? Thats where i want to put my built in sub enclosures,so i guess i'll have to make 'em fit in the stock location.
I may even just get a new pair of 6x4 's in there,they've got to sound way better than the factory ones.I faded the sound to come out the back speakers only and it sounded like absolute crap,all muffled .
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

naznomad wrote:I faded the sound to come out the back speakers only and it sounded like absolute crap,all muffled .
thats stock speakers for you

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

daewoomofo wrote:
naznomad wrote:I faded the sound to come out the back speakers only and it sounded like absolute crap,all muffled .
thats stock speakers for you
Yeah its dumb because the front ones sounded acceptable on their own,the rear ones sounded like they were made in the 1940's or something.heheh. I would have thought they would have used similar speakers.
I suppose it could be worse,I bought a used car back in 93 in which the guy's idea of sound was a pair of Walkman speakers screwed to the rear deck.Now THAT was crap !
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I removed the rear speakers all togeher and have 6 1/2" speakers in the doors, still completely hidden under the factory door panels so no one can see there are expensive speakers in there.

Think like a thief to avoide being robbed. :)
If a would-be thief can not see anything worth stealing from your car, they will not bother you and move to the next car where they are sure they can get something of value.
naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

[quote="TheGreatAndPowerfulOz"]I removed the rear speakers all togeher and have 6 1/2" speakers in the doors, still completely hidden under the factory door panels so no one can see there are expensive speakers in there.

I couldnt figure out how to get the 6.5 speakers in the doors without having the front of the speakers hit against the door panel,or how to avoid the magnet pushed up against the window track behind. How did you get the clearance ?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

his door pannels stick out at the bottom, there is actually a gap at the bottom of the door, but you cant see it unless your under the car

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I removed the rear speakers all togeher and have 6 1/2" speakers in the doors, still completely hidden under the factory door panels so no one can see there are expensive speakers in there.

Think like a thief to avoide being robbed. :)
If a would-be thief can not see anything worth stealing from your car, they will not bother you and move to the next car where they are sure they can get something of value.
well I think that only works if ya don't have reflective tint so they can't tell there's nothing worth stealing until they smash out a window. LOL

I wish you would've had your full audio set up and insulation done when ya brought the hatch up.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
milosh
Junior

Post by milosh »

naznomad
Junior

Post by naznomad »

OK, i get it,put the spacer on the inside.
And is there an English version of that website ?