Leganza parcel shelf removal

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Woo mass'a

Leganza parcel shelf removal

Post by Woo mass'a »

Anyone think they could explain the steps to taking the back parcel shelf out of a 00' daewoo leganza? I already have the bottum of the back seats out.... and I'm wondering how to get this done. Any helps appreciated.
Keep it in your pants.
woo
Expert

Re: Leganza parcel shelf removal

Post by woo »

you need to take the side parts of the seat out (13mm socket, if my memory serves me correctly) remove the stop light then pop out the plastic things that hold it in at the front. Then you pop the clips out from underneath. It is so much easier to show with photos but my brother has my camera
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Woo mass'a

Post by Woo mass'a »

I just decided to be a little mean with my car, and it popped out. I just used the factory wires... no distortion at high volumes (like i got from using the factory wires for the front speakers) Finally my speakers sound like they should. Now all I need is something on the bass end. I'm a single sub, single amp kinda guy. I'm thinking a matching 10-12" Alpine Type R 1000-1500w sub, with some kind of amp.

Can you use a 1000 watt sub, with a 1400 watt amp because of the rms only being 700? What would the best amp wattage be for such an application? Whats the deal with voice coils? Does two mean theres to inputs to the sub itself? Whats the deal with that?

Btw guys, I really gotta hand it to you. I didn't think I'd ever attempt a car radio install on my beloved woo... but you guys helped me through it, and I'm actually quite pleased thus far. It puts a smile on your face going down the road and watching your side view mirrors image distort because your songs a few notches too high.
Keep it in your pants.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

im using a 400w sub with 2 channels of a 1600w 4 channel, just with the gain turned down. For the first few days i kept an ear out for distortion but all is good
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Woo mass'a

Post by Woo mass'a »

But does each voice coil mean an input on the actual sub itself? Does a dual voice coil sub mean two inputs? So one sub would technically need to be wired paralell? into a mono amp or just regularly into a dual channel?
Keep it in your pants.