hot or cold plugs what the difference? Problem solved!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

rr__kroz123 wrote:
MMamdouh wrote:yes you are better off with the NGK dual electrode plus the fact that the BKR5EYA plug is colder than what is sepacified for your engine.

MMamdouh
so I can use the 5 too?
i just went to NGK web site and 5 is a hotter plug not a colder one... my bad. :oops:

i am not sure but using a hotter spark plug can cause premature ignition or so... not 100% sure.

anyways as far as N/A engine isinvolved i'd stick with the manufacturer gap setting as well as heat range to avoid any unnecessary hussle.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

lanowoo wrote:if it is backfiring, it could also be out of timming just enough to backfire, i had that happrn untill i had the timming advanced a little.
how can you advance the timming?
T18SED Engine.

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

MMamdouh wrote:
rr__kroz123 wrote:
MMamdouh wrote:yes you are better off with the NGK dual electrode plus the fact that the BKR5EYA plug is colder than what is sepacified for your engine.

MMamdouh
so I can use the 5 too?
i just went to NGK web site and 5 is a hotter plug not a colder one... my bad. :oops:

i am not sure but using a hotter spark plug can cause premature ignition or so... not 100% sure.

anyways as far as N/A engine isinvolved i'd stick with the manufacturer gap setting as well as heat range to avoid any
unnecessary hussle.

MMamdouh
ohh ok MMamdouh tommorrow I will go to the dealer to buy some plugs. I noticed that it only happens with the A/C on, could it be the V belt maybe it's streched out. (but if it is I got a new one, Gates Daewoo belt it says Daewoo on it)

Here Daewoo got a bad reputation cuz the company went broke and all the Daewoos are always for repairing.
T18SED Engine.

mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

lanowoo wrote:had the timming advanced a little.
How can you advanced a timming?
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

rr__kroz123 wrote:
MMamdouh wrote:
rr__kroz123 wrote: so I can use the 5 too?

anyways as far as N/A engine isinvolved i'd stick with the manufacturer gap setting as well as heat range to avoid any
unnecessary hussle.

MMamdouh
ohh ok MMamdouh tommorrow I will go to the dealer to buy some plugs. I noticed that it only happens with the A/C on, could it be the V belt maybe it's streched out. (but if it is I got a new one, Gates Daewoo belt it says Daewoo on it)

Here Daewoo got a bad reputation cuz the company went broke and all the Daewoos are always for repairing.
maybe the extra load of the A/C compressor makes the misfire more apparent... i doubt that this has to do with the belt as stretched belts only squeals like hell and can cause overheating.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mister_g wrote:
lanowoo wrote:had the timming advanced a little.
How can you advanced a timming?
please elaborate on that as AFAIK you can't advance ignition timing on those cars... or do you mean cam timing??

MMamdouh
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

MMamdouh wrote:
rr__kroz123 wrote:
MMamdouh wrote: i just went to NGK web site and 5 is a hotter plug not a colder one... my bad. :oops:

unnecessary hussle.

MMamdouh

maybe the extra load of the A/C compressor makes the misfire more apparent... i doubt that this has to do with the belt as stretched belts only squeals like hell and can cause overheating.

ohh ok thanx man.

MMamdouh
T18SED Engine.

lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

You can advance the cam timming by just a little,i can't remeber exactly how to it, rotate the cams a vey little cannot rember whch way, i had taken to my dealership and there is a way that i can be done.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

reprogram a part of the computer, at a dealership should be able to advance it. that is after you make sure that the spark plugs is not your problem.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

lanowoo wrote:You can advance the cam timming by just a little,i can't remeber exactly how to it, rotate the cams a vey little cannot rember whch way, i had taken to my dealership and there is a way that i can be done.
wouldn't that mess up the timing? only way i saw cam timing adjusted was done using adjustable cam gears... not sure how can you do the same with stock cam gears.

MMamdouh
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

when i first recieved my lanos, it was out of timming, and they hooked a black box up to my computer and read that the timming was retarded just s little and they adjusted it somehow (i didn't get to see what all they were doing) and they adjusted my timming and had it advanced, i asked the dealership, and they said the timming can be advanced if the dealership has the equipment, something is programed and then adjusted on the motor. I wish that i could find exhactly what they done and what program they used. and see if youcan call long distance from your dealership if they can't and see where u can get it done. Call the parts dept of Sheperds Suzuki at 1-859-624-5500. If anyone, they should know what to do.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

My problem with the car backfiring is gone, I changed the NGK v-power for the dealership bosch 2 electrodes they are

really for the Opel/Chevrolet Astra but they work great and are the same ones used by Optra.

And I cleaned the injectors too now the cars runs giute and with alott of throttle response again.

Cleaned the injectors at 26195kms will do it again at 52390kms.

thanx alott for all replies but I would better stick with the ones at the dealership.
T18SED Engine.

kan

Post by kan »

It is possible to adjust timing using EFIlive soft for example. I made some tests with this soft but I always has been wondering is this changes are permanently or not.
Regards
kan,
Polonez Caro Plus 1.6 GLI + LPG
Daewoo Nubira 2.0 CDX combi + LPG