Leganza interrior door panels for speak access... HELP.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Woo mass'a

Leganza interrior door panels for speak access... HELP.

Post by Woo mass'a »

On a 2000 daewoo leganza, how do you remove the front two door panels, and the back shelf cover thing to get to the speakers? I've got the new alpines burning a hole in my trunk waitin to go in lol someone help? I got my door panel almost 50% off, but didnt know what to do after all the screws and pulling on it to actually see the speak from underneath. Preciate it.
Keep it in your pants.
Woo mass'a

Post by Woo mass'a »

And does anyone know what the yellow and what the green factory speaker wire colors mean? They are the same two colors on all the speakers and I'm not trying to go look in my basement for a voltmeter....
Keep it in your pants.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

did you get the door panel off?? do you remember what each was soldered to on the speakers?? if not, look at the rear speakers because they have a + and - on them. Or you could just run in new speaker wires
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

did you get the door panel off?? do you remember what each was soldered to on the speakers?? if not, look at the rear speakers because they have a + and - on them. Or you could just run in new speaker wires
330w carbon kevlar

woo
Expert

Post by woo »

330w carbon kevlar

Woo mass'a

Post by Woo mass'a »

Nah, I need to know besides the screw in the top left hand corner, the tray of the handle thing and the two down below... how can u take the door panel off? I need to know how to get it off and back on without it lookin differant.
Keep it in your pants.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

there are also 2 plastic screws with surrounds. Take out the screws and the surroundy bits and then the panal should unclip. The first time it may take a little force but after that its childsplay
330w carbon kevlar

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

holy triple post batman!
lol

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

daewoomofo wrote:holy triple post batman!
lol
it was unintentional..... its been doing that to me lately
330w carbon kevlar

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

woo wrote:
daewoomofo wrote:holy triple post batman!
lol
it was unintentional..... its been doing that to me lately
yeah its this damn server, but efrain is working on fixing it (thanks ef)

Woo mass'a

Post by Woo mass'a »

So I was quoted about 350 for a rewire of my speakers.... so I just went outside and installed the front door speaks.... those things were 3 times as much work as regular speakers... and I had to go back after originally using the factory wires with I guess the built in crossover? and run new ones into the freaking driver and passneger front doors. After putting a fuck ton of wires and the alpine crossover next to the climate control on the inside of the plastic. But I didnt even mention about my fucking coat hanger adventure... that I always end up need to fish wires through the dash or a hole. Try getting around a freaking airbag and a spedometer.... I took the surround for the speedo off for the first time today so I could get a perfect view of the area and wired it under the gauges. Man, that was some kinda work... but hopefully I can enjoy it, and not need to go back and fix it later. I didnt exactly solder the speaker wires to the speaks.... just put em through the middle hole and wrapped em around.

But, now I just need to know how to get the back shelf cover out and It'll be all set. Would using the factory wires make it distorted like my front ones? I would assume since the stock tweeters by the windshield had their own hook up... it had some sort of built in crossover? So couldnt the back speakers be linked to it maybe? I might end up having to run some new wires, are they a bitch to conseal? Doorsills?

now its alpine Type R components in the front with new wire,Hardwired into the head. And rear stock daewoo 20watt speak with stock wiring through the harness.
Keep it in your pants.
Woo mass'a

Post by Woo mass'a »

Anyone?

Someones gotta know how to get the rear speakers out of the leganza...
Keep it in your pants.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i don t know about the rear pannel but im about 99% sure that your rear speakers will not have a built in crossover, it should be just strait wire

woo
Expert

Post by woo »

the rear speakers are a bitch to get to. Take out the bottom of the back seat, fold the seat down with no base, remove the side bits then take off the parcel shelf cover bit. I left the screws out of the grates when i put it back on so i could show people
330w carbon kevlar