New Rims

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Dillon
Expert

New Rims

Post by Dillon »

Ok i FINALLY got tires for my rims and here are the pics. They are 17.5*7.5 (i know weird size)lol. Also i lowerd the wing about 4 inches and painted the body the same color as the car..

Image Image
Image Image

Tell me what you think!!!

KDM 2.0 Nubira
dinoc
Junior

Post by dinoc »

Wow, the wheels look awesome on this car ! What offset do the wheels have and what weight ?

About the wing ... I'll sugest tu put a more elgant one (that's to sporty and this is an elegant car), but that's me and my taste :)
Currently : Chevy Kalos, Acura TSX '07
Sold Nubira 2 : pics and mods here
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

dinoc wrote:Wow, the wheels look awesome on this car ! What offset do the wheels have and what weight ?

About the wing ... I'll sugest tu put a more elgant one (that's to sporty and this is an elegant car), but that's me and my taste :)
Thanks the rims are about 19 pounds each with tires. they are Drag DR-11 17.5*7.5 with a 40mm offset. the tires are the Nitto Neo-Gen high preformance tires

And for the wing im kinda stuck with it. I was gonna have it taken off but it would have cost more than i was willing to pay so i just choped off about 4 inches from the brackets and had it painted. But im happy with it now. Most dont like it lol

KDM 2.0 Nubira
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

sweet rims! i like em the wing isnt bad either
racer95
Junior

Post by racer95 »

great car
-1.6L ohc kadett engine
-14"rims and tires
-custom type of Racer
-Boschmann sound system

Standard Motor Company
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

racer95 wrote:great car
Thanks, I will post more pics later on this week when its not crummy outside. Its been raining for like a month it seems lol

KDM 2.0 Nubira
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

NICE!!!! 8)

i didn't even know they made 17.5" rims. how much were tires for it since its such an off size?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

like the rims and the wing balances the elegant of the body style and sportyness that the wing gives the car, both in proportion and color. great job
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

lanos2001 wrote:NICE!!!! 8)

i didn't even know they made 17.5" rims. how much were tires for it since its such an off size?

nick
Yea i didnt either lol. but i asked for the sizes and the guy said well we have 15, 16, 17.5, and 18... I was like no 17's he said no but the 17.5 will fit a 17 inch tire so i took those. i thought it was a typo or somthing but it was on the boxes and the rims.

And thanks lanowoo i agree that the wing dose even it out. i had to take it off today to fix a bolt and it looks really really bad.

KDM 2.0 Nubira
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Dillon wrote:
Thanks the rims are about 19 pounds each with tires. they are Drag DR-11 17.5*7.5 with a 40mm offset. the tires are the Nitto Neo-Gen high preformance tires
You have to mean just the wheels. My 225/45/16 tires weight about 24lbs each alone. But for just the wheels in that size thats a good weight!

Dillon wrote: Yea i didnt either lol. but i asked for the sizes and the guy said well we have 15, 16, 17.5, and 18... I was like no 17's he said no but the 17.5 will fit a 17 inch tire so i took those. i thought it was a typo or somthing but it was on the boxes and the rims.

And thanks lanowoo i agree that the wing dose even it out. i had to take it off today to fix a bolt and it looks really really bad.
Strange... all my tires I've had say "dont mount of a 16.5" wheel" (or if they're 17s it says 17.5"). What size sidewall tire did you go wtih?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

what looked really bad? the holes that it is mounted to or the wing or bolt. is it not staying on there really good.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

lanowoo wrote:what looked really bad? the holes that it is mounted to or the wing or bolt. is it not staying on there really good.
The bolts on the wing were rusting and starting to look really bad not to mention when it rains the rust runs down onto the trunk leaving a ugly spot that is a pain in the butt to get off lol

Also the rims them self weigh a little less than 17lbs and the tires are extremly light maybe 22lbs with wheels and tires at the most but i mean i have only weighed the rims without the tires... Whta kinda tires and rims do you have kinkyllama?

KDM 2.0 Nubira
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

you can buy bolts that have a powdercoating on them or the treated machinery bolts at any hardware store. If the rust won't come off, use a carwash shampoo that can take that off or a detergent wax.

I have 3 American Proformance Skyleigh (remake of the magnum gt) rims 17" they weigh 23 lbs with low profile tires on them.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

i just oxy cleaned them and painted them.. they look really good.

KDM 2.0 Nubira