sube or woo??

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

WannabeRacer

sube or woo??

Post by WannabeRacer »

tossin this idea around

wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/view ... hp?t=17181

a tough decision for me.
01 lanos sport
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I would keep the Lanos.

But that's me.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Daewoo parts are some of the cheapest on the planet..... the SVX parts are the exact opposite.

I have a 98 Acura 3.5RL.... and let me just say that some parts have to come from Japan !!!!

When I get a repair bill it's usually $1000 to $2100 depending on what's gone wrong with it.

Keep in mind it was a $50,000 car in the first place.... so parts are allways going to be more expensive than a $7000 Daewoo Lanos.

For $2000 you could have a completely new motor and transmission installed in your Lanos.... so consider that.

I had a Nissan 300ZX a few years back and the tranny needed replacement.... the cheapest quote I found was $6000 installed.

For $6000 you could have a turbo woo that would kick the living crap out of an SVX.

Hell... you could buy three decent Lanos's for $6000 if you were patient.

Hell... you could buy six parts cars and get them all running for that much money!!

You could have a different lanos for every day of the week

Sure they are pretty.... and no matter what you do.... your Lanos will never look as good....but are you really willing to sacrifice every cent you make for the next three years just so that you can get into a good looking car?

I've had plenty of nice cars... many of the sports cars.... do I miss them??? YES

Do I think I made the right choice in getting rid of them when they needed to "go away"???? YES

An aging sports car tends to be a money pit.... nobody wants a sports car with rust holes and four billion miles.

If your getting a good deal on the SVX it's probably because nobody wants it.

Stuff like this is cool if you have the money to spend.... but unless you have $10K to $15K to drop into this SVX you might want to stay away from it.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

If you like the engine so much.... buy one and drop it into your Lanos..... then you'd have a SUBIWOO!!!!
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I would love to have a subi engine in my woo... and transmission... and drivetrain, with AWD. AWD SubiWoo *sigh*
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

190k miles?? thats tooo damn high milage in my opinion... got deep pockets to service that car??

i am sure no one drives a Subaru without having to test the fun of the AWD system and all and that have its drawbacks specialy after 190k miles.

i say no matter how fun it is, this particular Subaru is not the one to get.

my 2 cents.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Wayyyy to many miles on the subbie. Stick with the woo anyways. Every car event I go to I see tons of subbies.. and maybe one woo. I rather have the unique car than something you see daily
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
WannabeRacer

Post by WannabeRacer »

I'm not really worried about how many people rock subaru's its not going to be a show car
all I'm interested in is something that performs, besides most people have imprezas I rarely see svx's

I'm definatly gonna stick with the woo though. cheeper, easy to work on. and its a nice, light, nimble little package.

I'm still keeping my eyes open though. awd is a blessing in new england.
01 lanos sport
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

looking for performance is an even better reason for you to get a much lower milage sube.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267