The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

One downside to working in the middle of the night... Nobody to show off my latest work to. Hehe :)
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

JohnnyC wrote:That's part of the reason they delayed the release of it... they needed to have enough machines at the ready. Though at $500 a pop... only the rich kids are getting them this christmas.
Living in phoenix i've seen rich kids and not rich kids getting a lot of the new systems, for example, my working at best buy we go through a sholw stock of 15 xbox 360's in about 5 days still months after they've been released, demand is still very high... so i'm sure if you get one of the first shipment of PS3's you'll be able to make an uber profit off them...

Some of the xbox 360's on ebay the day they came out, went for $900USD+ I even saw at least 3 going for over $1,300usd (with bids, and low time remaining) My beste friend sold his 360 ( 2 weeks after release) for $700USD on ebay, after buying it for $400... So even if Sony makes a bunch of PS3 they wouldn't be able to hit every store with the amount of product that demand will ask for... no matter how many they have in stock at their warehouses... Most stores only get 15-25 systems at a time...

But it should be lessened if most stores carrying them, get 60-100 systems... they'll still be gone in a few days, but the prices will be driven down on Ebay significantly.... few hundred dollards down at least...
a woo that is a work in progress
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

The XBox 360's had a lot of demand, yes. And they were getting sold out a lot. Microsoft didn't have enough produced to meet the demand. Sony often does better in that department. But with the high end models coming out at $699... it's a big investment...

Oh... and if I have the money for it... I'll do it.

Reserve will be the price I paid for it + shipping. :) hehe
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yup exactly my thinking that if anything i'll have just make back a bit of money. i'd set the reserve to at least $50 over shipping and handling and cost. and the highest priced ones are $599.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

JohnnyC wrote:The XBox 360's had a lot of demand, yes. And they were getting sold out a lot. Microsoft didn't have enough produced to meet the demand. Sony often does better in that department. But with the high end models coming out at $699... it's a big investment...

Oh... and if I have the money for it... I'll do it.

Reserve will be the price I paid for it + shipping. :) hehe
At best buy, we're sold out still of 360's, but sony will do better in the production of their systems... but that is a big investment... I'll see a bunch of people coming in to the best buy i work at ( a lot of rich kids come in with loaded parents ) So i garuntee our systems will be sold out for at least 2-3 months... =/
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

From what I've been seeing, the cheaper PS3 is completely gimped out compared to the $599 one. It's missing all the cool video out options and a bunch of other stuff including wi-fi. The expensive one has all that stuff though.

Hey... Anyone seen or heard from Kenny? I hope everything is alright with him and his (gettin' worried).
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i haven't seen him in a while. wonder if his nose is bothering him or something like that. i have no clue.

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

His MSN Messenger tagline says, "Please Pray... there's been a complication"...

I'm hoping everything is alright.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

:shock:

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Hmmm where's everyone else been?

You know... I hope after I get this next part for my Woo, it won't NEED another part for a while...

I know I've been fixing up a neglected woo, but I mean damn...
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I'm really worried about Kenny O.o
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Me too. Quite worried.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well i had a road trip in the woo this weekend, about 600 miles... and not problem even though its lowered and i was driving on bumpy dirt roads all weekend, and as a added bonus i got about 34 mile to the gallon, even though i did 85 mph the whole time. man i love this car!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i won my ebay auction for my taillight. cost $0.01 shipping $21.50, so total cost is $21.51, not too bad id say

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Cool! I'm currently bidding in an auction for something for my woo... but not going to reveal what it is until I win it hehe. :D

On a side note. Kenny is okay. He probably won't be around much for a while. Him and his Fiance are going through a rough time right now. I'm sure he'll be back, but it might be a while.