[b]Tips on putting more horses in your bonnet[/b]

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zingy

[b]Tips on putting more horses in your bonnet[/b]

Post by zingy »

After going through the forums i thought there should be a single forum which should include each and everything regarding upgradation and modification one can do to increase hp of his or hers daewoo racers or daewoo what ever breed of gm engine they have under their bonnet :D

It is stated in Steps
STEP No 1

Installing a Header.It would be a good idea to install a header cause the factory fitted header of a daewoo racer is very restricted indeed i would go for a 4-2-1 style header configuration.In the market and on the net i could not find any so i made a custom made 4-2-1 header which would do wonders. beleive me

With the headers you can connect a 2 inch or a 2.5 inch dia pipe all the way to the muffler . People with small blocks should go for a 2 inch .

The muffler should be a straight through no restrictions what so ever and the pipes should have minimum bends

STEP No 2

The intake is the next step that you should take to increase hp
the best thing you can do is to put a full ram air type system on your engine it has more benefits then a short ram type air system if people are confused about what this all means it is justa 3.5 inch aluminium pipe with a filter on one end and a rubber fitting on the other which would fit your throttle body the full ram air intake would get air from outside your engine bay so it would benefit more as compared to short ram which would get its air from the hot engine bay.

The best you can do and completely wonderfull mod if you have a a bigger budget would be installing a turbo which some guys have done in this forum good to contact them first before commensing

Nitros would do wonders but can wreack your engine block in no time cause for nitros the compressions are emmense
anyway if you are not thinking about engine life then this is the best you can do .It comes in 50 shot 100 shot 200 shot which basically means 50 hp increaed 100 hp increase and 200 hp increase prefer the 50 shot...\

STEP No 3

-Changing the spark wires to a 8 mm heavy load wires for a better spark current.
-Changing the sparkplugs to platanium, iridum 4 dip plugs.
-Advancing the timming of the distributor by 5-6 degress.
-putting light weight underdrive pulleys if you find one.
-putting a light weight flywheel (not interested in it has its problems )
-Best of all is making fibreglass bonnet for your car that would reduce the weight of your car and increase power to weight ratio :badgrin:

STEP No 4

These mods are for professional people :idea: :shock:

- Changing the throttle body to a big dia throttle body.
- Changing the Intake pipes.
- Removing the hot head vent exaust from the air flow
- Removing the hot water pipes from the Intake manifold.
- Removing the Head block and grinding away the surface to increase compression.
- Putting a bigger cc block crank shaft with its connecting rods into your block to increase compression.Thnking about doing that provided it fits??? :)
-Putting a Dohc head on a sohc with the same cc engine block mmadoh knows better :)

I recon with these mods you can acheive the impossible but beside doing so wouldnt it be great to just get a new bigger engine and fit it into your daewoo or what ever breed of gm car you have :)

if anyone has more ideas regarding mods feel free to contribute and share with others

with regards to all

Amir khan
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

WHAT THE HELL IS A BONNET?

J/k

Its my hood!
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
chris2511
Super

Re: [b]Tips on putting more horses in your bonnet[/b]

Post by chris2511 »

zingy wrote:After going through the forums i thought there should be a single forum which should include each and everything regarding upgradation and modification one can do to increase hp of his or hers daewoo racers or daewoo what ever breed of gm engine they have under their bonnet :D

It is stated in Steps
STEP No 1

Installing a Header.It would be a good idea to install a header cause the factory fitted header of a daewoo racer is very restricted indeed i would go for a 4-2-1 style header configuration.In the market and on the net i could not find any so i made a custom made 4-2-1 header which would do wonders. beleive me

With the headers you can connect a 2 inch or a 2.5 inch dia pipe all the way to the muffler . People with small blocks should go for a 2 inch .

The muffler should be a straight through no restrictions what so ever and the pipes should have minimum bends

STEP No 2

The intake is the next step that you should take to increase hp
the best thing you can do is to put a full ram air type system on your engine it has more benefits then a short ram type air system if people are confused about what this all means it is justa 3.5 inch aluminium pipe with a filter on one end and a rubber fitting on the other which would fit your throttle body the full ram air intake would get air from outside your engine bay so it would benefit more as compared to short ram which would get its air from the hot engine bay.

The best you can do and completely wonderfull mod if you have a a bigger budget would be installing a turbo which some guys have done in this forum good to contact them first before commensing

Nitros would do wonders but can wreack your engine block in no time cause for nitros the compressions are emmense
anyway if you are not thinking about engine life then this is the best you can do .It comes in 50 shot 100 shot 200 shot which basically means 50 hp increaed 100 hp increase and 200 hp increase prefer the 50 shot...\

STEP No 3

-Changing the spark wires to a 8 mm heavy load wires for a better spark current.
-Changing the sparkplugs to platanium, iridum 4 dip plugs.
-Advancing the timming of the distributor by 5-6 degress.
-putting light weight underdrive pulleys if you find one.
-putting a light weight flywheel (not interested in it has its problems )
-Best of all is making fibreglass bonnet for your car that would reduce the weight of your car and increase power to weight ratio :badgrin:

STEP No 4

These mods are for professional people :idea: :shock:

- Changing the throttle body to a big dia throttle body.
- Changing the Intake pipes.
- Removing the hot head vent exaust from the air flow
- Removing the hot water pipes from the Intake manifold.
- Removing the Head block and grinding away the surface to increase compression.
- Putting a bigger cc block crank shaft with its connecting rods into your block to increase compression.Thnking about doing that provided it fits??? :)
-Putting a Dohc head on a sohc with the same cc engine block mmadoh knows better :)

I recon with these mods you can acheive the impossible but beside doing so wouldnt it be great to just get a new bigger engine and fit it into your daewoo or what ever breed of gm car you have :)

if anyone has more ideas regarding mods feel free to contribute and share with others

with regards to all

Amir khan
Good work man thanks for the great info, ill definatly try some of these
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

good work man.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267