engine on the verge of dying

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

yea17s

engine on the verge of dying

Post by yea17s »

i lost power bout 3-4 months ago and after reading others symptoms came to the conclusion it was spark related, so on the weekend i finally decided to change plugs and leads, after doing this the car is no worse and struggles to go, max speed is like 60-70 km/h , it sounds terrible and hesitates continuously, now thinking its a valve problem, what i dont get is why it got worse after new plugs and leads, it was fine before just lost torque and acceleration, but still went fine once it got to 80km/h, is it possible the plugs arent in right? just lookin for insight
car is coming along ever so slowly, gotta stop getting my funds of the government
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Are you sure your ignition wires are plugged in the correct order?

Was there anything else you did to your engine prior to it having problems before?
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Sounds like fuel to me. A ignition problem usually misses really bad, as a fuel problem will still run but it will bog down
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
yea17s

Post by yea17s »

just went to the mechanics, cylinder 4 spark plug gap was non existent, completly closed up, no idea how that happend but its fixed now, not running perfect, but back to how it was,cheers for your input.
car is coming along ever so slowly, gotta stop getting my funds of the government
zingy

Maybe i can help

Post by zingy »

I had the same problem some time back where car accelreation and torque was completely lost and i found out that the fuel pump was the culpurit behind my ordeal .
i checked my fuel pump filter and it was all jammed up with dust particles cleaned it and it was good as new other then that there is maybe a chance that your exhaust can be jammed do check that as well

with regards

amir khan