The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

over here in the UK the petrol prices rised to around ?1 per litre today... thats just plain stupid!
in the UK, to produce one litre of petrol costs around ?0.06 (6 pennies) and its sold to tax paying citizens at ?1 !!!!!!! WHY?!!

the government already pulls in over ?40 billion per year through speeding fines, car taxes, patrols taxes ( 94% of the price ), and car insurance premium taxes! why do they need more money?

bunch of complete idiots!!

what would any of you do if you had ?40 billion ? (about $60 billion i think, not sure, correct me on that one please)

personally i would buy my own country where there are no extra charges on vehicles other than the actual petrol price and maintenance. lol (wishfull thinking, i know!)
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

YES! I am the first to post on page #260 !!!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i didn't know the UK made their own gas. don't they import like most of the world? right now a barrel of gas or 50 gallons is about $70 per. and thats for crude oil before its processed and all.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Gas (petrol) prices here in Michigan are at about $2.80 a gallon. Oil companies are out there to take as much money as they can get and don't really care how much strain it puts on the people who use their product.

Here in the states the Oil companies are constantly saying they're in trouble and about to close... so they raise their prices and expect us to believe them. Of course then they post record high profits for the year and climb in the most profitable companies in America. What's horrible is that some Americans still believe them when they say they're having trouble staying open. Bottom line is... as long as we need gas, they'll charge whatever they want. Some day the cost will outweigh the gains, or we'll come up with feasible alternative fuel sources.

By the way... I really enjoyed my drive :D
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

lanos2001 wrote:i didn't know the UK made their own gas. don't they import like most of the world? right now a barrel of gas or 50 gallons is about $70 per. and thats for crude oil before its processed and all.

nick
That's light sweet crude coming out of the middle east... Saudi mostly. I thought it was settling out at about $64 a barrel? Did it go up again when I wasn't looking?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah read in the paper today that its at $70 per barrel. i think it was yesterdays paper that i read today though. same difference.

nick

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

My sister was just in vegas last weekend and it was $3.00+ for a gallon....
a woo that is a work in progress
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

its like $2.78 right now. but what sucks though is that in the city (OKC) it ranges from $2.59-$2.90. well at least it did last time i was up there which was last saturday. it might be a bit higher now. but they always have lower gass prices. and what pissed me off was i was telling myself to get gas there and then forgot. :x

nick

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/

If you go to that link you can see what the current futures price is for a barrel of oil... and other stuff....
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

For the Savy gas shopper in the states and canada... here ya go

http://www.gasbuddy.com/
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

YAY!! My package FINALLY arrive from 360 Dynamics! (Wasn't Tom's fault, he shipped it right away... I blame customs)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn about time. glad to hear you got it though. but still even from canada that was exceptionally long. next tim eyou might as well just drive up there and get it from them. or open a po box in canada and have it shipped there to get it.

nick

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well whether UK make or import fuel... ( i dnt know which ) it costs the major companies and government only around 6 pennies per litre when they buy/make it. so its one hell of a profit game for them.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

^_^ it's thursday.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah don't remind me. blah.

nick