Fitting fog lights on Lanos

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Fitting fog lights on Lanos

Post by Rodd1s »

I've seen lots of people adding fog lights to their cars... and it looks damn good!
I've noticed my Lanos has two empty bays at the front for fog lights (as they all do.) and I was thinking maybe I should put some in aswell, but not the average plain white light ones... maybe slightly blue tinted ones... but thats not the point im trying to make. As evryone else here I like the idea of fog lights at the front of a car, except for me the problem comes in at the fact that I am completely clueless as to where or how I would hav to connect the new lights to. :?:

So, all I'm asking is, can someone please give me some guidance (or diagram) as to where and how it should be connected. I will be using any input as for future reference once I actually get some more money together.
As for now the money I have in my wallet at the moment is going to be spent on interior mats for my car.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Well... it really depends on the ones you buy. Most of the aftermarket lights come with wiring, a switch, relay/fuse, and a diagram to show you how it needs to be wired in.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

thanx. I'll have a look around some shops (or on EBay).
maybe they'll specify somewhere what is in the package.

EDIT: would I need fog lights specially made for Daewoo? or can I just use ones that would fit the bay?
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Any foglights that will fit in the bay that have some kind of mounting system for you.

As an example... My fog lights came with everything I needed to install them (outside of tools for drilling and such). The brand I went with was APC. They make decent stuff... not the "Top of the line" but good. :)

As long as it fits, you should be good to go.